cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tdupton
Helper II
Helper II

Refresh the Attachment Control

I have a flow that launches from a formviewer which converts the current Sharepoint list item to PDF and attaches it to the current list item.  That part works fine.  But, is there a way to "refresh" the attachment control?  Even though I successfully build and attach a PDF you can't see it yet in the attachment control until you close and reopen the formviewer.

3 REPLIES 3
v-micsh-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @tdupton,

Could you please explain a bit for " formviewer which converts the current Sharepoint list item "?

Are you working with the EditForm control, or the custom form in SharePoint list?

Currently there is no ReSet property available for the Attachment control, we need to Reset the Form control in order to have the Attachment control reset to blank.

If here you would like to refresh the Attachment content, then please take a try to refresh the DataSource, after the flow excutes.

Refresh(DataSource)

Which should be able to have the related control updated with the modified value.

Function reference:

Refresh

Regards,

Michael

Community Support Team _ Michael Shao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Neither.  Formviewer.  A button on the formviewer launches a flow that runs to create and attach a PDF of the current item you are viewing on the formviewer.

I've already tried Refresh but that doesn't force the formviewer or attachment control to refresh.  So, in summary, what I want is probably not possible - to refresh the formviewer or attachment control to see that the list item now has an attachment that it didn't have when the formviewer was opened.

Make sense?

So you are working with the Display Form within PowerApps?

If this is the case, then please consider take check of the Item property of the Display form control, make sure that data is updated when the data changes.

You may consider switch that data into a variable, and once the Flow runs, update the Variable with the changed record.

If here you are talking about the form Viewer of Infopath, then please consider post in the forum below:

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/home?forum=onlineservicessharepoint

Regards,

Michael

Community Support Team _ Michael Shao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

PA Community Call

Power Apps Community Call

Next call is happening on April 21st at 8a PST.

MBAS Carousel

May the fourth be with you, join us online!

secondImage

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

See the latest Power Apps innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (70,505)