cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Chad1
Frequent Visitor

Refreshing SQL Server Schema in PowerApps

Hi There,

I see another similar post to this; however it never really went into much detail.  If I make changes to my Views or Tables in an Azure SQL Server, those changes don't seem to be reflected in PowerApps.  For example, if I add a new field or change a field name on the SQL Server side, those fields won't show up in PowerApps unless I close out and re-open.

What is the best way to go about updating the SCHEMA in Powerapps when I make changes to the SQL Server View or Table.  I continually make changes to the SQL Server side and it would be convenient if there was a fast way to update this.

Thanks,

Chad

32 REPLIES 32

Did you try to stop and start the gateway service on the server hosting the gateway?

mrTeatime
Regular Visitor

I was having the same problem.  

It may have been coincidence, but I just opened an "incognito" browser window in Chrome, logged into power apps and created a new flow and in this case, Power Apps seemed to update the SQL meta data (in this case a Stored Proc accessed through a gateway).

Fingers crossed that this works again next time.

Fffffhiurdcb
Regular Visitor

I have a working Powerapp using an on-prem SQL Server.  I found removing or renaming any column in any SQL table immediately stopped my published powerapp from working even if that app didn't use that column.  Adding new columns did not cause a problem.

Initially like other posts, I thought opening my app and refreshing the datasource of that table or removing and readding it entirely would fix my app and then I could republish but it didn't help.  

Eventually I accidentally discovered that if I simply waited then powerapps would catch-up and the published app would simply start working again.  So far I've timed the wait at a maximum of 30 minutes.  It might be shorter.  So my advice if you haven't already done so, is to try this sort of change out of hours when you can allow time for powerapps to right itself.  

Not hugely comforting I know.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Community Call Conversations

Introducing the Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,759)