cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Re: Refreshing SQL Server Schema in PowerApps

I have same issue!!! I'am changing the data table in SQL, but nothing happens when refreshing the power app connection!!!!

@microsoft ?????!

Highlighted
Advocate II
Advocate II

Hi,

Same issue here. Just after creating a new view in SQL Server doesn't show up as a valid object to connect to in PowerApps. If I close the app and reopen it, disconnect the datasource and reconnect, sometimes I'm lucky and it will be there relatively soon, other times it takes hours.

PowerApps could be such a game changer! Every year I revisit it and start to prototype a really exciting solution, then I run into ridiculous issues like this one that make it impossible to realistically and efficiently deploy solutions. I've only successfully launched and managed the most basic use cases where you probably shouldn't be building an app in the first place because of continual roadblocks like this one.

Highlighted
Advocate I
Advocate I

This is really an annoying bug and VERY time consuming, to get the table updated. 

It seems to be completely random when changes are reflected. Restarting the gateway might force it, but not always.

Is anyone from Microsoft even reading this thread???

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

I have same problem. @microsoft urgent bug to fix.

Highlighted
Advocate III
Advocate III

Same problem for me! I renamed a column in one of my tables an tried to access it under the new name - no success.
Updating the connection in power apps to this table and also deleting and add the connection again did not solve the problem.
I also use a on-premise sql server but do not have any access to the data gateway cause it's managed by our company IT-department.
Any workaround or a fully functional solution is needed for this bug! 
@hfMicrosoft ?

Highlighted
Advocate I
Advocate I

The same thing seems to happen in MS Flow/Automate. The only solution I have found it wait 1-3 hours. Sometimes it happens faster. 

Hope to hear a solution soon. 

Highlighted

An employee was encountering this issue. While the employee was at my desk, I started Power Apps and created a new project pointing to the same data source as she. My app saw the new field. When she refreshed her app, the new field appeared. This hints at being a Data Gateway issue. Perhaps when I created the new app, it forced the gateway to refresh the schema?

Helpful resources

Announcements
August 2020 Community Challenge: Can You Solve These?

August 2020 Community Challenge: Can You Solve These?

We're excited to announce our first cross-community 'Can You Solve These?' challenge!

secondImage

Return to Workplace

Reopen responsibly, monitor intelligently, and protect continuously with solutions for a safer work environment.

secondImage

Super Users Coming in August

We are excited for the next Super User season.

secondImage

Community User Group Member Badges

FIll out a quick form to claim your community user group member badge today!

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (7,006)