I see another similar post to this; however it never really went into much detail. If I make changes to my Views or Tables in an Azure SQL Server, those changes don't seem to be reflected in PowerApps. For example, if I add a new field or change a field name on the SQL Server side, those fields won't show up in PowerApps unless I close out and re-open.
What is the best way to go about updating the SCHEMA in Powerapps when I make changes to the SQL Server View or Table. I continually make changes to the SQL Server side and it would be convenient if there was a fast way to update this.
I usually accomplish this by refreshing the datasource under the datasource panel. Let me know if you don't come right.
>>If you found this reply helpful, please mark this as the answer to close the topic and make it easier to find for other people with similar questions.<<
I have also always used the method @DavesTechTips mentioned, however that seems to no longer be working for me. After renaming a column in a view and refreshing the datasource, I am still facing the same error:
"The requested operation is invalid. Server Response: Invalid column name....."
Restarting the browser did nothing. Just to see, I created an entirely new app, added the datasource in question, and the error persisted even there.
Is anyone else having this problem?
I tried adding a new field in a SQL Server View and refreshing the panel as you mentioned, but it still didn't show up when I typed in ThisItem.fieldname. I thought maybe it was just the autofill option not working so I typed in the fieldname and tried to run it and no data appeared.
Further, in another instance I added a whole new SQL Server View, and that new View didn't appear as well in the Datasource list, and because it doesn't show up I can't refresh it.
The only thing that seems to work is to close the editing window, go back to the web.powerapps.com window, and then re-open the app in edit mode.
Chad is right, any minor change we have to fix our connection first, always take me a little to figure out the connection and if I dont fix the connection than I get this error on the start up of App. Last time I worked it took me few hours before I got to know whats going on
Thanks for sharing that Chad. In our case, we are using an on-premise data gateway and re-adding the data source wasn't sufficient. Restarting the data gateway helped in this case. But this process remains cumbersome.
Watch Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions on-demand.
And the winner is...
The time has come: We are finally able to share more details on the brand-new ranks coming to the Power Apps Community!
Features releasing from April 2020 through September 2020