cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Marlin-A
Helper V
Helper V

Refreshing the collection automatically

Hello is there anyway that I could do to make my collection refresh automatically when I input an entry to the sharepoint list I have.

I have this clearcollect() on my sharepoint list and I've noticed that when I try to submit an entry it doesn't show up on my gallery when I try to submit an entry. It needs to refresh the browser in order to get the entry I've submitted.

Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

The issue is where is your Collection located?

1. If OnVisible of the screen, ensure you navigte to a different screen and back before it will be refreshed

2. If it located OnStart, you have to restart the App before it will be refreshed

3. If it OnSelect of a Button, then click the button after you submit data

4. If you are you are using a form, you can put the collection OnSuccess of the form

5. Then you can also refresh the Datasource

------------

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
FernandoTC
Resolver II
Resolver II

Hi @Marlin-A 

Just add Refresh(<yourdatasource>) at the end of your code execution.

Hope it helps you

The issue is where is your Collection located?

1. If OnVisible of the screen, ensure you navigte to a different screen and back before it will be refreshed

2. If it located OnStart, you have to restart the App before it will be refreshed

3. If it OnSelect of a Button, then click the button after you submit data

4. If you are you are using a form, you can put the collection OnSuccess of the form

5. Then you can also refresh the Datasource

------------

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

View solution in original post

JuliosJamby
Helper II
Helper II

@eka24 I came across this forum and I chanced upon this qns. My collection is located at the Onstart because I need it to load when the user login. Additionally, I have also put a patch and clear collect code on my submit button. However, when I navigate back to the gallery, it does not show the latest items. How should I go around doing this? 

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,507)