cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jdarling20
Frequent Visitor

Regex syntax in Search Pane

I am using 3.22034.17 and have enabled the upcoming Search Pane feature. It's amazing that I can now search for my code across screens, though I am struggling a bit. I am trying to understand how to successfully implement a regular expression in the search query. I am trying to do a search like this:

"Collect(" & ".*" & "colCollectionName"

In some cases I implement a Collect (or ClearCollect) with the collection on the same line, but in others the collection names in on the following name, so a simple search for Collect(colCollectionName will not return all instances. This is clearly not the right syntax as I get an 'Invalid regular expression' error.

Any thoughts?

2 REPLIES 2
v-bofeng-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @jdarling20 ,

In my tests, searching in regex format works.

Could you please show me the format of the object you are searching for? Could you please show me some demos?

Best Regards,

Bof

jdarling20
Frequent Visitor

Hi @v-bofeng-msft ,

I am looking to search for:

Collect(colCollectionA

as well as

Collect(

colCollectionA

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

PA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

This training provides practical hands-on experience in creating Power Apps solutions in a full-day of instructor-led App creation workshop.

PA.JPG

New Release Planning Portal (Preview)

Check out our new release planning portal, an interactive way to plan and prepare for upcoming features in Power Platform.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,169)