cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Advocate I
Advocate I

Registering Error when trying to add a flow

I am trying to add a flow that sends all the attachments from a list item to an email recipient and I get the following error message:  Registering Error.  This is my flow.  I am pretty sure I have several flaws here. Any help is welcome.

Send Multiple attachment from a item listSend Multiple attachment from a item listRegistering Error when trying to add a MS FLOWRegistering Error when trying to add a MS FLOW

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Thanks for the advice now I understand what I am going to do.  Thanks for the advice.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

You are right, I had other ideas at the beginning that included MS Flows, but I think I found a more elegant solution using only Powerapps.  I have looked on the web and was able to send the attachments from the Attachment control right from Powerapps.

1. I added the Attachment Control box in the Edit form.

2. I then bound the attachments to a gallery on the Items property of BrowseGallery2 (This a browse gallery where it shows you all the attachments from the selected item) like so:  BrowseGallery1.Selected.'Attachments'  .  Where BrowseGallery1 is the browse gallery bound to the items from the Sharepoint list which include the attachment field with all its attachments.

3. I added a checkbox to the Datacard of BrowseGallery2.

4 OnVisible property of the Screen where I have BrowseGallery2 I type the following formula to the Onvisible: Clear(SelectedAttachments).  Where SelectedAttachement is a Collection.

5. In the Checkbox contro using the Oncheck property I type the following formula:Collect(SelectedAttachments,({Name:ThisItem.DisplayName,ContentBytes:ThisItem.Value,'@odata.type':""}))

6. On the OnUncheck property of the checkbox control I typed the following formula:
Remove(SelectedAttachments,({Name:ThisItem.DisplayName,ContentBytes:ThisItem.Value,'@odata.type':""}))
7. Wherever, you have the send email button, on the OnSelect property I typed the following formula

Office365.SendEmail("vespinoza@islearningjustlikeyou.com","This is the subject: Sending Selected Attachements","This is the Body:This worked",{Attachments: SelectedAttachments})

I came to this solution. Thanks to Shane Young, Audrie Gordon, Sharepoint(An Indian guy who also post videos, Sharepoint is the name of his channel) and others that are a bit more advanced but I will get to them when I finish with the foundation tutors I just mentioned above.

I will try adding other workflows for other purposes. If I have the same error I will let you know for sure.  Hope this helps you this time.  Let me know. 

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @victore,

Why did you start this flow from PowerApps? What is the trigger that you are using?

Actually if you use a different trigger like "SharePoint - when a new item is created", then you could use the dynamic content "Attachment" from this trigger on the attachment field of the send an email action.

Regards,

Mona

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted

I have created a flow that sends all the attachments using the trigger When created or modified and that flow works almost perfect, and I say almost perfect because for some reason sometimes it does not send all the attachment.  I got this flow from the Flow of the week MS forum.

Requirement:  Boss wants to send the email with all the attachments right from Powerapps from one of the screens. 
The reason I am using the Powerapps trigger is that I am going to get the emails from a text field to send those attachments from Powerapps because there is not static email she will be sending it to. Becuase of that I am using that trigger. In other words, I will grab the email from a PowerApp Text input field. This info will be passed by the power app trigger when the person hits the send attachments button.

Is the PowerApp trigger not working? Could I use something like the http trigger (like Post or Get methods).  Is that what you are suggesting?  Also, I noticed that the SendEmail function have the parameters attachments but I get other some errors because I think I am not passing the right parameters or I am missing one.  

Let me know, please

Highlighted

Thanks for the advice now I understand what I am going to do.  Thanks for the advice.

Highlighted

I am glad you were able to solve your issue, however this is not helpful for others trying to solve the original problem- which is why some Flows give a "registering error" when added from PowerApps. 

Highlighted

You are right, I had other ideas at the beginning that included MS Flows, but I think I found a more elegant solution using only Powerapps.  I have looked on the web and was able to send the attachments from the Attachment control right from Powerapps.

1. I added the Attachment Control box in the Edit form.

2. I then bound the attachments to a gallery on the Items property of BrowseGallery2 (This a browse gallery where it shows you all the attachments from the selected item) like so:  BrowseGallery1.Selected.'Attachments'  .  Where BrowseGallery1 is the browse gallery bound to the items from the Sharepoint list which include the attachment field with all its attachments.

3. I added a checkbox to the Datacard of BrowseGallery2.

4 OnVisible property of the Screen where I have BrowseGallery2 I type the following formula to the Onvisible: Clear(SelectedAttachments).  Where SelectedAttachement is a Collection.

5. In the Checkbox contro using the Oncheck property I type the following formula:Collect(SelectedAttachments,({Name:ThisItem.DisplayName,ContentBytes:ThisItem.Value,'@odata.type':""}))

6. On the OnUncheck property of the checkbox control I typed the following formula:
Remove(SelectedAttachments,({Name:ThisItem.DisplayName,ContentBytes:ThisItem.Value,'@odata.type':""}))
7. Wherever, you have the send email button, on the OnSelect property I typed the following formula

Office365.SendEmail("vespinoza@islearningjustlikeyou.com","This is the subject: Sending Selected Attachements","This is the Body:This worked",{Attachments: SelectedAttachments})

I came to this solution. Thanks to Shane Young, Audrie Gordon, Sharepoint(An Indian guy who also post videos, Sharepoint is the name of his channel) and others that are a bit more advanced but I will get to them when I finish with the foundation tutors I just mentioned above.

I will try adding other workflows for other purposes. If I have the same error I will let you know for sure.  Hope this helps you this time.  Let me know. 

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

I am also facing the same issue.

I am using Create a HTML table action in flow. but while adding it in powerapps i am getting Registering error.

I would like to know whether there is a resolution for this error rather than having an work around for it.

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

I had this same error when I tried to insert one variable type of Array. 

My work around was to create my variable type of string and did a Concat in my PowerApps.

Concat(Collection_Name;'Table_Name'&"Separator")

In my flow I get the string and create a table using the string function SLIT

(split(variables('MyVariableFromPowerApps'),'Separator')

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

News & Announcements

Community Blog

Stay up tp date on the latest blogs and activities in the community News & Announcements.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Community Highlights

Community Highlights

Check out the Power Platform Community Highlights

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (9,750)