cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lardo5150
Microsoft
Microsoft

Regular User using Power App, is not triggering Power Automate Flows

I took my power app that we have been using, and saved it as a new one.

I then reworked the Power App.

I also reworked the Flows it was using before, just kind of cleaning it up.

When testing my new Power App, I have found that a normal user will not kick off the flows I have in the App.

Here is the permissions on the old app that everyone is still using without issues.

lardo5150_0-1645716737229.png

Here are the permissions on the new app

lardo5150_1-1645716807087.png

So they are the same.

I have NO special permissions on the flows.

When testing in the new App, the bot account (that is my service account I use for the environment and building the apps), it is owner in the App.

When I get to the part where we submit a form and the flows kick off, no issues.

When I test it with my normal account (just a user within the group that has permissions), I can use the App, but none of the flows will kick off (there are three of them).

When I installed the app in Teams and opened it, I did get the box to accept permissions.

I have no clue why this is happening.

I will say, with my old app, I had something similar happen when i was making changes.  I ended up having to create a new flow.

Do I need to recreate these flows again?

4 REPLIES 4
lardo5150
Microsoft
Microsoft

I exported my flows and App to a different environment.

Removed all the flow connections, and then add them back in.

Same result

I even ran the monitor to see what was happening, but I never see in the monitor it trying to run the flows.

its like it skips them?

PowerRanger
Super User
Super User

@lardo5150 when you say you removed the connections what do you mean by that? Like the connections within the flow? Have you tried to remove the flow from the app and add it again?

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

​Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item.

If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.
lardo5150
Microsoft
Microsoft

correct, remoed the connectios from data source, removed references to them in the app, re-added everything.

Same thing.

PowerRanger
Super User
Super User

@lardo5150 that's weird. Have you tried to remove the flow from the app, after that remove the trigger within the flow and Re-create it. Save the flow and at it back to the app.

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

​Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item.

If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Difinity Conference 2022

Difinity Conference 2022

Register today for two amazing days of learning, featuring intensive learning sessions across multiple tracks, led by engaging and dynamic experts.

European SharePoint Conference

European SharePoint Conference

The European SharePoint Conference returns live and in-person November 28-December 1 with 4 Microsoft Keynotes, 9 Tutorials, and 120 Sessions.

Power Apps Ideas

Changes to Ideas Coming

We are excited to announce a new way to share your ideas for Power Apps!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,714)