cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Connor55
Resolver I
Resolver I

Relate Function - Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

I'm trying to update this PullSheet gallery with Related Inventory Items.  Any idea what I'm doing wrong?  No errors, but nothing is showing in the galleries.  

I'm using the Northwind Traders Sample as a guide:

https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/one-to-many-relationships-for-canvas-apps/

Screen Shot 2020-01-12 at 9.43.15 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-01-12 at 9.44.21 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-01-12 at 9.44.28 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-01-12 at 9.44.31 PM.png

3 REPLIES 3

@Connor55 

Is your second parameter of Relate:

InventorySearch.Selected.PullSheet_LU

returning type Record and, is that Record non-blank?

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/functions/function-relate-unrelate

Relate( Entity1RelatedTable, Entity2Record )

• Entity1RelatedTable - Required. For a record of Entity1, the table of Entity2 records related through a one-to-many or many-to-many relationship.
  • Entity2Record - Required. The Entity2 record to add to the relationship.

And also, if you remove the Reset on the InventorySearch that is immediately following the Relate, does it help?

(you can put it back in after troubleshooting)

Finally, the Relate + Reset - is that being done OnVisible?

If so, make another blank screen, put nothing in it, and switch back and forth between the screens in the editor, and see if it helps to trigger the OnVisible.

I think the second part of the function is the issue.  It needs to refer to a record in the Inventory entity.  However, I get the error below when trying that.

Also, the Reset has no affect on this error - and this function is OnSelect.

Screen Shot 2020-01-13 at 10.28.22 AM.png

I've tried this, but I get an error after using the select:

Screen Shot 2020-01-13 at 11.32.54 AM.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
Ignite 2022

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

Explore the latest innovations, learn from product experts and partners, level up your skillset, and create connections from around the world.

Power Apps Africa Challenge 2022

Power Apps Africa Challenge

Your chance to join an engaging competition of Power Platform enthusiasts.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,778)