cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BARD
Advocate I
Advocate I

Remove Ghost Connectors from App (Lingering from previously connected Flow)

I cannot get several connector permission requests to go away when a user attempts to use an app even after removing the flow/connection.

How do I get it to stop asking for permissions/sign in for the File System Connector? It is also still asking for two other connectors that were present in that flow but I have since removed, a OneDrive For Business and a Word Online (Business) connector. It's obviously still requesting permissions for a flow it's not connected to.

I created a PowerApp that used a PowerAutomate connector to print a label. The flow had an action to create a file on a filesystem folder via an on-premise gateway. I have permissions to the PC connected by the action and I have permissions on the gateway. Since then we have decided to share it with more users who will not have those permissions and I'll just write a new flow to pickup the file from the cloud. 

At this time I've removed the action that talks to the flow completely and readded it with the flow updated to remove the file system action. The permission still asked to sign in to File System for users so I completely removed any connection to the flow at all as far as I can tell. There is nothing in the Data Connections to the flow and I've resaved and waited a day hoping it just wanted some time but it's still asking and I cannot add any new users to the app at all. 

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Power-Apps/File-System-Connector/td-p/382747 was the original issue but even after deciding I would just remove the need for the connector I cannot get it to go away.

BARD_0-1635350552657.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
russrimm1
Helper II
Helper II

I've been able to clean these up before by exporting and reimporting the app after removing them.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
RandyHayes
Super User
Super User

@BARD 

Sometimes these get stuck in the app.  The only method I've used successfully to remove them is to remove them directly in the underlying source.

This blog post discusses unpacking the source and then opening in Visual Studio.

If you do that and then search your files in VS for the connector reference, you can remove it from there.

I hope this is helpful for you.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up below. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution below. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
NOTE: My normal response times will be Mon to Fri from 1 PM to 10 PM UTC (and lots of other times too!)
Check out my PowerApps Videos too! And, follow me on Twitter @RandyHayes

Really want to show your appreciation? Buy Me A Cup Of Coffee!
russrimm1
Helper II
Helper II

I've been able to clean these up before by exporting and reimporting the app after removing them.

RandyHayes
Super User
Super User

@russrimm1 

That is a potential as well.  Depending on the connector ghost, it might go away with that process too.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up below. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution below. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
NOTE: My normal response times will be Mon to Fri from 1 PM to 10 PM UTC (and lots of other times too!)
Check out my PowerApps Videos too! And, follow me on Twitter @RandyHayes

Really want to show your appreciation? Buy Me A Cup Of Coffee!

I tried this and the connectors were not in the .json files already.

This worked. No matter what I seemed to do the original held on to the ghost connectors but I exported and reimported making no changes whatsoever and it worked. A lot of work for a 'turn it off and on again' type of situation but at least my users can use the app now. Obviously the flaw that caused this needs to be addressed as well long term.

This worked. No matter what I seemed to do the original held on to the ghost connectors but I exported and reimported making no changes whatsoever and it worked. A lot of work for a 'turn it off and on again' type of situation but at least my users can use the app now. Obviously the flaw that caused this needs to be addressed as well long term.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

This training provides practical hands-on experience in creating Power Apps solutions in a full-day of instructor-led App creation workshop.

Microsoft Build 768x460.png

Microsoft Build is May 24-26. Have you registered yet?

Come together to explore latest innovations in code and application development—and gain insights from experts from around the world.

May UG Leader Call Carousel 768x460.png

What difference can a User Group make for you?

At the monthly call, connect with other leaders and find out how community makes your experience even better.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,483)