cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DogWithRedSocks
Regular Visitor

Remove date from lookup field in Model-Driven app

Hello,

I'm building a Model-Driven app for a customer with an underlying Dataverse database. The user is able to add a new record to a table using the main form. In this table, I've a lookup column that displays records of another table the user can select in the main form when adding a new entry.

My problem is that when the user is shown the selectable entries of the source table for the lookup column, a date is shown beneath the information:

date is shown alongside the selectable legal entitydate is shown alongside the selectable legal entity

Is it possible to remove the date and only show the name of the legal entity? Showing the date could lead to confusion. Is this possible?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
DogWithRedSocks
Regular Visitor

I just found the solution myself:

Since it's a lookup column (or field) and the information shown to you are based on a view (like a lot of things in Model-driven apps), you can edit this view.

So, for editing a view, you need to go to the table in which you store the information that should be 'looked up' in your main form of your other table. 

When you go to your lookup table and click on Views, there are several standard views, and one of them is a view for searches. Or lookup's. Click on this view and you will see that one the columns of this view is a column with a date and time. Just remove this column from the view, save it, publish it, and you're done.

It's so easy.

you can edit some properties of it.  

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
DogWithRedSocks
Regular Visitor

I just found the solution myself:

Since it's a lookup column (or field) and the information shown to you are based on a view (like a lot of things in Model-driven apps), you can edit this view.

So, for editing a view, you need to go to the table in which you store the information that should be 'looked up' in your main form of your other table. 

When you go to your lookup table and click on Views, there are several standard views, and one of them is a view for searches. Or lookup's. Click on this view and you will see that one the columns of this view is a column with a date and time. Just remove this column from the view, save it, publish it, and you're done.

It's so easy.

you can edit some properties of it.  

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,267)