cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SandraAkujobi
Post Partisan
Post Partisan

Remove default value from dropdown

I'm still struggling to remove a default value for the dropdown. The form is showing default value even in New Mode. Is there a way to fix it.

33 REPLIES 33
mdevaney
Super User III
Super User III

@SandraAkujobi 

You can use this code in the Default property of the card to show Blank when the form is new mode.

If(Form1.Mode<>FormMode.New, ThisItem.FieldName)

---
Please click "Accept as Solution" if my post answered your question so that others may find it more quickly. If you found this post helpful consider giving it a "Thumbs Up."

I've tried it but it's showing an error?

Screenshot (263).png

@SandraAkujobi 

Can you please share the error message you are receiving?

@mdevaney 

Should be - 

If(Form1.Mode<>FormMode.New, ThisItem.FieldName)

Sorry...just happened to read this post. 

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
Check out my PowerApps Videos too!

@RandyHayes 
Yeah, you're right.  Just doing this all from memory.  Syntax/Property Name errors will happen.  Thank yoy!

@SandraAkujobi 
My solution above is edited to the correct answer.

@mdevaney 

I know what ya mean!  I wish there was a free-form formula editor that didn't care about context.  And also that properties and enums matched by name. 😉

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.

@RandyHayes 

Yes, agreed.  Kind of like JS Fiddle or Code Pen for Power Apps.

Hi @RandyHayes that also didn't seem to work. Would it be because the dropdown is collecting data from another list. I used this method because I went over the lookup max.

@SandraAkujobi 

Could provide the formulas for your datacard (Update and Default) properties and also Default and Items properties for the DropDown?  You mentioned this was a DropDown...is it or is it a combobox?  If a combobox, then also share your formula for the DefaultSelectedItems property of the combobox.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

secondImage

Are Your Ready?

Test your skills now with the Cloud Skill Challenge.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (58,209)