cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dchiu
Regular Visitor

Remove items in gallery function not deleting the correct items - random items are deleted instead

Hi all,

I have created an Repeating table in a gallery connected to the collection, the items in the gallery gets patched to a collection with a button outside of the gallery. This is eventually patched to a sharepoint list.

The issue I face is that when I create a delete button inside the gallery item as below, it does not delete the item that I intended it to.

Remove(ServerCollection,ThisItem)

For example, in the image attached, I created 5 items in the repeating table

The items are only saved and patched to the ServerCollection when I click save, and the form is then submitted and all data is patched to Sharepoint.

If i click delete on row 4, it is not guaranteed that row 4 is deleted. while it's pretty random, Mostly row 2 gets deleted first, then 3 etc. If I delete row 1, row 1 is successfully deleted.

Where did I go wrong here? Is it possibly because I have not yet patched items into the collection yet?

How can I ensure that I can delete the correct items in the gallery before patching it?

Thank you!

4 REPLIES 4
AshwiniBhandari
Helper I
Helper I

Did you try this one - 

On the Delete put this formula on OnSelelect:
 Remove(Datasource,LookUp(Datasource,ID=ThisItem.ID))

(tried this for SharePoint list item directly and it works, not entirely sure if it holds true for collection too)

dchiu
Regular Visitor

@AshwiniBhandari

Sorry if I used the wrong term. It's not a editable table, but a repeating table. So I don't want to delete the item in sharepoint.

What I would like to achieve is option to delete the items that I am creating it in the gallery, before adding it to the sharepoint list.

Lets say I've made a mistake, and don't need this line item anymore. 

Your formula is intended to delete the item from the source sharepoint I think (like an editable table) so that's not what I'm looking for.

SafaK
Frequent Visitor

Hi,
Have you tried this function :  RemoveIf(ServerCollection, ID = ThisItem.ID)

This should work

dchiu
Regular Visitor

@SafaK 

I just tried this code

RemoveIf(ServerCollection, LineMoniS = ThisItem.LineMoniS)

LineMoniS is the first cell on the left.

Now it just deletes the whole collection when I press the delete icon (I attached a gif of its behavior)

Originally with the below code, my rows were deleting at random (ish).

Remove(ServerCollection, ThisItem)

For some reason with the same code, now it is consistently deleting the top row first (I also inserted a gif to show this)

I'm really not sure where I went wrong and what I need to fix here.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

secondImage

Are Your Ready?

Test your skills now with the Cloud Skill Challenge.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (48,833)