cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Remove the Hyperlink globe button from an existing website field

I need to remove the Globe button ( Hyperlink) from an existing Website field. Its type is simple text and the format is URL. Could you please suggest to me?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @lukmanulhakim :

Do you want to remove the earth button in the Website TextInput control in From?

21.gif

The answer is "yes", but I don’t recommend it.

1\Its default control is Text Box (default) which is not editable.

2\To remove the globe button, you must switch the Form editor to classic mode and then change other controls to display.

2.JPG3.JPG

3\You can choose to create a canvas app to display the website field, or use the Input Mask control to display the website field

• Canvas App----High degree of freedom, but it takes more time to load the app and you need to spend a lot of time to make your from UI more beautiful.
  • Input Mask----The original function of Input Mask is to restrict users to input in a specified format, but this will make the usability of your From very poor. (Users will not be able to enter in other formats,I highly do not recommend this method)

4.JPG

In summary, in theory, your needs cannot be met. But through the replacement scheme, you can achieve your needs to some extent (although I do not recommend this).

In addition,according to your description, I think what you need more is that the Website field should be of Text type instead of URL type (although changing the data type of the field in the entity is not allowed).I suggest you create a new Text field, then fill it with the value of the Website field (can be implemented using canvas app or flow), and then use this newly created field to replace the original Website field.

Best Regards,

Bof

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @lukmanulhakim :

Do you want to remove the earth button in the Website TextInput control in From?

21.gif

The answer is "yes", but I don’t recommend it.

1\Its default control is Text Box (default) which is not editable.

2\To remove the globe button, you must switch the Form editor to classic mode and then change other controls to display.

2.JPG3.JPG

3\You can choose to create a canvas app to display the website field, or use the Input Mask control to display the website field

• Canvas App----High degree of freedom, but it takes more time to load the app and you need to spend a lot of time to make your from UI more beautiful.
  • Input Mask----The original function of Input Mask is to restrict users to input in a specified format, but this will make the usability of your From very poor. (Users will not be able to enter in other formats,I highly do not recommend this method)

4.JPG

In summary, in theory, your needs cannot be met. But through the replacement scheme, you can achieve your needs to some extent (although I do not recommend this).

In addition,according to your description, I think what you need more is that the Website field should be of Text type instead of URL type (although changing the data type of the field in the entity is not allowed).I suggest you create a new Text field, then fill it with the value of the Website field (can be implemented using canvas app or flow), and then use this newly created field to replace the original Website field.

Best Regards,

Bof

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Thank you @v-bofeng-msft 

As you suggested, I have deleted the field and re-created.

Thanks again for your time.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

News & Announcements

Community Blog

Stay up tp date on the latest blogs and activities in the community News & Announcements.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Community Highlights

Community Highlights

Check out the Power Platform Community Highlights

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (9,664)