cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
skelecopter
Advocate I
Advocate I

Removing Dataverse connector breaks a collection and some variables

I am developing an app for offline use, and it was originally connected to some Dataverse tables. I have removed all connections to those tables, but when I reload the app in the designer, a lot of my collection and variable functions are broken and giving me error messages about things that work perfectly fine in the old versions that are still connected.

What's more confounding is that this is only happening with one of my three main collections. The others are seemingly fine.

For example:

"We can't evaluate your formula because the context variable types are incompatible with the types of values in other places in your app." This is from trying to Set two number variables (longitude and latitude) that are set in multiple other places. I have no idea what it thinks is wrong here.

"Invalid argument type (Error). Expecting a table value instead." / "The function 'Clear' has some invalid arguments". From trying to clear a collection that is defined elsewhere. If I type out a dummy Collect function, first, it will stop complaining UNTIL I reload the app, and all errors have returned.

And lots and lots of "Name isn't valid" errors because it seems like it's stopped acknowledging that collection exists, even if I manually invoke it again. So it will stop complaining in one control but then be broken in all the others.

What am I doing wrong? I've been testing this code for a couple of months, so I know it works. I have tried to export and import the app, but that did nothing.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
skelecopter
Advocate I
Advocate I

Clearing my browser cache fixed this after fighting with it for several hours. Sigh.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
skelecopter
Advocate I
Advocate I

Clearing my browser cache fixed this after fighting with it for several hours. Sigh.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

Carousel_PP_768x460_Wave2 (1).png

2022 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2022 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2022 through March 2023.

365 EduCon 768x460.png

Microsoft 365 EduCon

Join us for two optional days of workshops and a 3-day conference, you can choose from over 130 sessions in multiple tracks and 25 workshops.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (3,564)