Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SoSoDef276
Helper I
Helper I

Removing Delegation Warning

Hello, 

Not sure how to resolve this with Clear Collect.

The data source for my gallery is a SharePoint document library but I also have it pointed at a search box . At the moment the data source will stay under 500. 

Can anyone help?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Drrickryp
Super User II
Super User II

@SoSoDef276 

It is a warning not an error. You can increase the item limit to 2000 in advanced settings and as long as your list stays well below that, you can ignore it.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Drrickryp
Super User II
Super User II

@SoSoDef276 

It is a warning not an error. You can increase the item limit to 2000 in advanced settings and as long as your list stays well below that, you can ignore it.

View solution in original post

Adrian_Celis
Resolver III
Resolver III

Your search results will be correct if the records are under 500. But if you really want to remove the delegation warning, put your data source in a collection first:

ClearCollect(collKnowledgeBase, 'Knowledge Base')

Then in your gallery Items:

Search(collKnowledgeBase, TextBox.Text, {column name})
Drrickryp
Super User II
Super User II

@SoSoDef276 

Look at my answer and example here on how to use delegatable functions Filter + StartsWith() instead of search. This will work on thousands of records.

ClearCollect() is not delegatable and will only work on the first 2k records if you increase the item limit in the advanced settings to the maximum allowed.

SoSoDef276
Helper I
Helper I

Thank you both for the information. I will pivot based on how much records we decide to use. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

PA Community Call

Power Apps Community Call

Next call is happening on April 21st at 8a PST.

MBAS Carousel

May the fourth be with you, join us online!

secondImage

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

See the latest Power Apps innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (51,937)