cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sooct2003
Level: Power Up

Rename attachment file after sent into Google Drive

Hi there, I am new in Power Automate. I am trying to perform a flow where the attachment to be saved into a specific folder in Google Drive and then rename it according to monthly basis.

My original flow without renaming the attachment file looks good but now I wish to enhance it with additional task.

1.JPG

When I try to search rename function in Google Drive, I have no idea but to choose this as option. I am not sure what connection name should be. Appreciate expert to advise further.

2.JPG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Re: Rename attachment file after sent into Google Drive

Hi @sooct2003 

You do not have to add any additional actions in the flow. In the create file action of google drive, in the file name input, before the attachment name selection, place the cursor and in the expression editor, use the expression: 

formatDateTime(utcnow(),'MMM')

and this will add the month name to the attachment name for that file. 

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Hi @sooct2003 

You do not have to add any additional actions in the flow. In the create file action of google drive, in the file name input, before the attachment name selection, place the cursor and in the expression editor, use the expression: 

formatDateTime(utcnow(),'MMM')

and this will add the month name to the attachment name for that file. 

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

View solution in original post

Super User
Super User

Hi @scooct2003 this is a Power Automate (Flow) question. Suggest you post it to the Power Automate community. The link is: https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/General-Power-Automate/bd-p/FlowForum

---
If you like this reply, please give kudos. And if this solves your problem, please accept this reply as the solution. Thanks!

Hardit Bhatia
https://www.thepoweraddict.com
Highlighted
sooct2003
Level: Power Up

Hi @PowerAddict and @yashag2255 , thanks for your helps! I can now change my saved attachment with new title (in date) by having formatDateTime(utcNow(),'yyyy-MM-dd').

However, my flow only applied to one mail only as the flow unable to automatically read through other unread email with similar title string. I wish to scan through all unread mails with title string "Your Astro Invoice for:" and then save the attachment into specific folder with new attachment title. The email reading will be stopped once no unread email with similar title is detected.

Hence, can you show me some idea how to build the flow? Thanks in advance!

Below is my current basic flow when a new/unread email arrives:

3.JPG

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Ranks and Rank Icons in April

'New Ranks and Rank Icons in April

Read the announcement for more information!

Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

'Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

Congrats to the finalists of our ‘Better Together’-themed T-shirt design contest! Click for the top entries.

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

thirdimage

Community Summit North America

Innovate, Collaborate, Grow - The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (4,415)