Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mccarthyk
Advocate I
Advocate I

Renaming Custom Forms

Hello Community,

I have a PowerApp with several customized forms. When I originally created the appliction I did not use the best naming conventions so I want to go back and update the names of these forms. However, when I do, my forms completely reformat and I have to spend a significant amount of time fixing them to appear as they did previously.

Has anyone else experienced this? Am I doing something wrong? Is this a known issue? 

To rename the form I am using the tree view > rename. This works fine for other entities (controls, galleries, data tables, etc.) as well as forms that are not customized, I have only experienced this with custom forms.

Thanks,

@mccarthyk 

5 REPLIES 5
v-yuxima-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @mccarthyk 

How do you change your App's name?

Could you please reference this?

set-name-tile

I test on my side and don't have the issue.

Could you please change other Browsers to test?

Best Regards.

Yumia

v-yuxima-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @mccarthyk 

More information:

renaming-sharepoint-list-powerapps-forms

Best Regards.

Yumia

Hello @v-yuxima-msft,

I apologize for the delayed response. However, it is not the SharePoint list/PowerApp form that I am trying to rename. It is the form within a canvas PowerApps. See the attached screenshot as an example.

FormSave.png

Thank you,

@mccarthyk 

Has no one resolved this? I am having this same issue and almost a year later from the original post. Tried in Edge and Google Chrome.

Nope, this has not been resolved. I still encounter this issue as well and have had to work around it since posting originally.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Power Query PA Forum 768x460.png

Check it out!

Did you know that you can visit the Power Query Forum in Power BI and now Power Apps

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

R2 (Green) 768 x 460px.png

Microsoft Dynamics 365 & Power Platform User Professionals

DynamicsCon is a FREE, 4 half-day virtual learning experience for 11,000+ Microsoft Business Application users and professionals.

Users online (1,915)