cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sheshe
Frequent Visitor

Renaming SQL Field and Connecting to Data in PowerApps

UPDATE: I got it to work and can confirm i have fixed it and the entry is now submitting without error.  Under the "Advanced" when editing fields there is another location to update your fields.  So you are essentially updating the text in 2 places, though it feels like 4 places....... Yay! 

Hello, I may or may have messed up.... see what i did there.

We renamed our campaign and focus and to keep things simple (at the time it seemed smart) rather than creating new fields in SQL, I edited and overwrote the previous fields in the SQL.  I refreshed the data in PowerApps and was faced with an overwhelming amount of errors.  I was able to correct the errors by renaming the "card:" and the "fX " accordingly.  It was tedious.  Everything looks good and seems to be working great until I submit an entry and receive the error "The requested operation is invalid.  Server Response: A value must be provided for item. clientRequestId:5173b771-6d54-49ea-b093-feb51bc082d0"   

I noticed that when i click on one of the cards in the i created, it's showing the previous SQL field.  But I cannot find where to edit this "Card : 10.GDPermits"  See image i've attached.  Thank you PowerApps Community.  Hoping for the best. Power Apps Submit Error.png

3 REPLIES 3
mogulman
Skilled Sharer
Skilled Sharer

I had the case I had to rename a bunch of columns.  I issued a lot of commands in SSMS.

EXEC sp_rename 'dbo.Matter.SSAUploaded', 'SSAPUploaded', 'COLUMN';

I refreshed the table in PA and  had a lot of red x's.  I deleted all the fields with a red x and added in the renamed field.  Very tedious.  If you unzip the PA file and look at the JSON you'll see why you need to do it this way.

raheelr
Regular Visitor

I would say go into 'Edit' Field; Remove the field and re-add.

I find sometimes i have to close the app in designer and re-open to see some changes.

v-siky-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @sheshe 

Do you mean you have found out the workaround?

Could you please share/ post the workaround and accept it as the Answer to help other members find it more quickly?

Sik

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

secondImage

Are Your Ready?

Test your skills now with the Cloud Skill Challenge.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (30,920)