cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BMM_CGIFed
Regular Visitor

Reorder items with onselect?

Hi, 

Within a screen of my app, I'm using both a data table and a lefthand navigation panel component. The navigation panel is hidden until a hamburger icon is selected, at which point the panel will cover the first two columns of the data table so the user can navigate within the panel. However, even when the panel is not visible, because it is ordered in front of the data table, I can't select records in my data table that fall underneath the panel. In turn, I'm wondering if there's a way to reorder the panel and data table when the panel is not visible (i.e. upon closing the panel via hamburger icon)?

1 REPLY 1
Pstork1
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

I assume you are hiding the panel using the Visible property.  The problem is that leaves the panel above the data table, it just isn't visible.  So you are still clicking on the panel, not the data table.  What you need to do is use essentially the same setting you are using for Visible in the Width property of the panel.  So when the panel is not Visible the Width is set to 0, When it is Visible the Width is set to whatever value or formula you are currently using.

Taht will move the panel out of the way when its not visible, since there is no way that I know of to change the Z-index of the control at runtime.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Community Call Conversations

Introducing the Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,475)