cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AIUYM19
Helper V
Helper V

Reorder - send backward function behaving strangely

When I'm working in edit mode on a canvas app, I often get strange behaviour on the screen items tree view. This seems like a bug, but I want to make sure before I report. Here are the steps I can take to reproduce the issue at least 75% of the time...

1. Load a screen in edit mode in a canvas app.
  2. Select an item on the screen in the tree view.
  3. Click the "three dots" menu, and select Reorder > Send backward.

This should make the item trade places with the item immediately below it in the tree view. However, it usually does nothing. I can try again and again, but it just doesn't move. The only solution I've found is to delete the item from the screen, and then recreate it from scratch. Even then, attempting to move it forward or backward in the item stack is a roll of the dice (with rather poor odds).

Has anyone else experienced this behaviour from the items in tree view? If so, have you been able to solve it?

7 REPLIES 7
eka24
Super User
Super User

Have you tried ungrouping the what you have named component, then do the recorder backwards or forward. After that regroup to it original name

------------

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

Yes. I tried ungrouping all the groups on the screen (some screens have multiple groups), and then sending the item forward or backward, but that doesn't seem to make a difference. Also, that can become a bit cumbersome, since some groups have many items inside.

Quite unusual. Have you tried all the four options of moving imgelifebouy or any other icon?

------------

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

Yes. It happens for any type of item in the tree (including groups themselves). It only happens with the forward and backward options, though. Send to front and Send to back seem to work OK.

Edit: If it helps, I'm using Edge v85.0.564.51.

Save and close the App. After that reboot your computer hen retry the recorder again.

------------

I shut my computer down (whatever the Windows 10 equivalent is of Linux's shutdown -h now) every evening, and both my browsers (Edge and Google Chrome) are set to clear all cookies, temp files, and site data upon shutdown. However, the problem persists the next day, so I don't think it's session-related. Since both browsers are Chromium-based, my best guess is some incompatibility between PowerApps and the Chromium engine. Unfortunately, this work laptop is tightly controlled by the IT department at my company, and the only two approved browsers are Edge and Google Chrome (Edge recently became the official standard in our company).

Wondering if this issue justifies a bug report to Microsoft...

Just an update on this. It's still an issue after all the attempted solutions above. I was going to submit a bug report, but the link to submit a bug for PowerApps just redirects back to this forum section. So...consider this a bug report, I guess...

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Power Apps Community Call Jan. 2022 768x460.png

Power Apps Community Call

Please join us on Wednesday, January 19th, at 8a PDT. Come and learn from our amazing speakers!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,124)