cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Reordering fields in form not working

I have a form in a Canvas app with ~40 data cards in it connected to a SP list. The form has snap to columns turned off.

1) Drag and drop appears to have been disabled with the latest update again (though sometimes I can get it to let me move a data card by clicking outside of the editting area and then clicking back in).

2) Reordering fields in the forms field menu will move fields, but they seem to have a mind of their own. I will move one field up a few spots then move another field up next to it. When I move the second field it reorders both of the fields back to their original places.

It is getting beyond frustrating not being able to reorder these fields/datacards, and I haven't been able to find anything helpful yet.

I have tried removing the entire form, adding in a new one, reconnecting the data source to it (which inturn adds all the fields), and I am still not able to just reorder the fields even though they are all the exact same dimensions.

Has anyone found a solution to this?

Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Super User
Super User

Re: Reordering fields in form not working

Have you tried changing the number of columns on the right properties bar for the form?

I always set mine to 12 which is max than I can resize and move more freely

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

If you like my post please hit the Thumbs Up ?

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Frequent Visitor

Re: Reordering fields in form not working

Yeah, I have tried all the different column number options, though I don't think it should really matter with snap to columns off.

Helpful resources

Announcements
secondImage

Demo-Extravaganza 2020

Check out these cool Power Apps & vote on your favorite!

secondImage

Community Highlights

Check out whats happening in Power Apps

secondImage

Community User Group Member Badges

FIll out a quick form to claim your community user group member badge today!

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (10,552)