Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Suchithra_A
Helper I
Helper I

Replace ComboBox into Checkboxes.

Hi,

When I am customizing a sharepoint list, the choice column( checkboxes) is showing as comboBox in power apps. Can anyone please help me to change this Combobox again into CheckBoxes in Powerapps?

Regards,

Suchithra

9 REPLIES 9
Drrickryp
Super User II
Super User II

Hi @Suchithra_A 

Do you want to enable multiple selections?

Hi @Drrickryp 

No, I am able to select multiple values with comboBox. I want that comboBox as checkbox.  

For example Kindly refer the attachment. 

Instead of checkbox you can use Radio to achieve same thing. So insert a Radio control and place the Datasource on the items.

------------

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

There is not a checkbox control that allows multiple selections. The control that closest meets your needs is a list box.  You can construct your own out of checkboxes but the logic would be convoluted. You could also construct one by putting a checkbox inside a gallery and setting its items property to the datasource and using distinct with the column containing the checkbox values. Although it would look exactly like your screen shot, it wouldn’t work properly inside a card on an edit form.

Hi @eka24 ,

Thank your responce.

Using radio button I can only select single option. I am not looking for that.

In that case you may have to insert multiple Checkboxes, Checkbox1, Checkbox2, Checkbox3.

------------

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

Hi @Suchithra_A 

This is a screenshot of the gallery with a single checkbox control.  The relevant properties are in the screenshot.Annotation 2020-05-27 095440.png

Thanks @Drrickryp 

I replaced ComboBox into Listbox. It meets my needs with the formula :

Item property -  ["General Access", "IT Access", "lab access" , "BMS access"]

But how to get Items from sharepoint list.

@Suchithra_A 

I rarely use a listbox control and in researching it, there are problems with having multiple items selected in the Default property.  Mr. Dang has come up with an elegant solution here.  This thread is on point. https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Power-Apps/Multiple-Defualt-Values-in-Listbox/td-p/2114... 

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

Power Query PA Forum 768x460.png

Check it out!

Did you know that you can visit the Power Query Forum in Power BI and now Power Apps

V3_PVA CAmpaign Carousel.png

Community Challenge - Giveaways!

Participate in the Power Virtual Agents Community Challenge

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,111)