cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Resolver I
Resolver I

Replicating the Labels and Message Tags in Power Apps like when you add a post to the community....

I am working on a project and I want to be able to re-engineer something like this posting application. You have predefined labels on the right and then message tags below that which are freeform.
In my case I want to give them the existing labels (these will be stored in a separate table). If they want a new value then they can type it in...
When I write it down in here it sounds simple enough. 
So I will have the parent table for the message, a label table for "labels" and a 3rd table that associates the label with the parent.
Has anyone seen a you tube or blog on doing this.
I'm doing it in Project Oakdale if that matters.

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Resolver I
Resolver I

This is where I've got to in CDS. It took a little trial and error as it's easy to forget things...
1) Edited the Name to be an auto number and optional 
2) Added ListID and TagID as lookup columns to their appropriate tables...

sasrsc_0-1603798520686.png

I think I'm on the right track with the Name auto populating (as an auto Number) and the ListID dropdowns and TagID dropdowns working...

I wonder where the hidden GUID is??? These are current columns in the above table. Nothing that resembles a GUID per se. 

sasrsc_1-1603798611711.png

Highlighted

Hi @sasrsc ,

The GUID field is a standard field created by systems with the Unique Identifier data type. Please check the filter option of the list view and I believe you can find it.

Snipaste_2020-10-28_14-57-20.png

Regarding to your first post, could you please elaborate on your app? I saw an interesting way to add Tag from Mr. Dang's video, hope it can help.

Sik

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

News & Announcements

Community Blog

Stay up tp date on the latest blogs and activities in the community News & Announcements.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Community Highlights

Community Highlights

Check out the Power Platform Community Highlights

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (9,952)