cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
bemvilac_brito
Frequent Visitor

Re: Request Operation is Invalid. The $top expression "Infinity" is not valid

@leyburn19  Mine error appears with 2 records in SP List. So I could bet my soul that is have nothing to do with delegation issues. 

dhock Advocate V
Advocate V

@leyburn19 , my limit is still set to 500 (never increased) and I'm getting the error.

Jswanson Advocate II
Advocate II

Same Error here on multiple apps. It seems to happen on ClearCollect more often then not.

dhock Advocate V
Advocate V

@v-xida-msft , thanks for your reply. I have 3 galleries with filters but they are all similar, just using a different SharePoint list as a datasource. They look like this:

FirstN(Sort(Filter('Ma3an Meeting Minutes', Lower('Created By'.Email) = Lower(User().Email) && !('Approval Status'.Value = "Approved")), Created,Descending), 50)

I did try creating a collection for one of them, but I used the same filter on the list to create the collection and then set the gallery Items property to the collection. I still got the error after that. I don't currently have more than 500 items in any one list but I anticipate that I will at some point. Interestingly, though all 3 galleries use essentially the same filter, only accessing 2 of the related forms give the error (whether by selecting an item in the galleries or using a button that goes to a form with no item selected, i.e., newform of list).

Thank you also for the link to create a ticket.

Jswanson Advocate II
Advocate II

This is a runtime error as well

Here is a copy of my OnVisible

ClearCollect(_DataCounts,
{ID:4,DC:CountIf(col_ActiveParcels,_FileNumber = 'Own.FileNumber')},
{ID:5,DC:CountIf(Parcel_LandUse,_FileNumber = 'LandUse.FileNumber')},
{ID:6,DC:CountIf(Parcel_Utilities,_FileNumber = 'Util.FileNumber')},
{ID:7,DC:CountIf(Parcel_Zoning,_FileNumber = 'Zoning.FileNumber')},
{ID:8,DC:CountIf(File_Notes,_FileNumber = NoteFileNumber)},
{ID:9,DC:CountIf(File_Attachments,_FileNumber = AttachFileNumber)},
{ID:11,DC:CountIf(Parcel_Improvements,_FileNumber = ImprovementFileNumber)});
Concurrent(
ClearCollect(
col_ActiveFile,
First(Filter(col_LandFiles,'File.FileNumber' = _FileNumber))),
ClearCollect(col_ActiveParcels,Filter(col_LandParcels,'Own.FileNumber' = _FileNumber)))
screenshot-web.powerapps.com-2019.07.25-11-04-31.pngInfinity Error

Code behind _DataCounts

Switch(TableID,
3,_FileNumber,
4,First(Filter(_DataCounts,ID = TableID)).DC,
5,First(Filter(_DataCounts,ID = TableID)).DC,
6,First(Filter(_DataCounts,ID = TableID)).DC,
7,First(Filter(_DataCounts,ID = TableID)).DC,
8,First(Filter(_DataCounts,ID = TableID)).DC,
9,First(Filter(_DataCounts,ID = TableID)).DC,
11,First(Filter(_DataCounts,ID = TableID)).DC)

Other galleries are one to one with collection

StevenF19 Helper II
Helper II

Yeah this error has broken a critical app for us and we've had to rollback to a previous version which has delayed some new features that we implemented. Hoping this gets fixed ASAP.

NICO2
Regular Visitor

This doesn't work for me. Keep giving error with the collection!!

@v-xida-msft wrote:

Hi @dhock ,

Could you please share more details about the Filter you used within your Gallery control?

Based on the issue that you mentioned, I have made a test on my side, and don't have the issue that you mentioned. Have you taken a try to save your SP List records into a Collection, and use the Collection as data source within your app?

On your side, please consider save your SP List records into a Collection, then use the Collection as data source in your app instead of the Original SP List data source.

Set the OnStart property of the App control to following:

ClearCollect(RecordsCollection, 'YourSPList')

then set the Items property of the Gallery to following:

RecordsCollection

If the issue still exists, please consider remove the SP list connection from your app, then re-create a new one from your app, then try above solution, check if the issue is solved.

Please also consider submit an assisted support ticket for further help through the following link:

https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/support/pro

Best regards,

@v-xida-msft wrote:

Hi @dhock ,

Could you please share more details about the Filter you used within your Gallery control?

Based on the issue that you mentioned, I have made a test on my side, and don't have the issue that you mentioned. Have you taken a try to save your SP List records into a Collection, and use the Collection as data source within your app?

On your side, please consider save your SP List records into a Collection, then use the Collection as data source in your app instead of the Original SP List data source.

RecordsCollection

If the issue still exists, please consider remove the SP list connection from your app, then re-create a new one from your app, then try above solution, check if the issue is solved.

Please also consider submit an assisted support ticket for further help through the following link:

Best regards,

@v-xida-msft wrote:

Hi @dhock ,

RecordsCollection

Best regards,

murv500
Frequent Visitor

Absolutely no changes made to my apps.  I'm getting reports of this error as of this morning.

Super User
Super User

Change my mind,  it is back for me.  Went away for a while so it is not what I thought.  Is anyone from MS doing anything?

ticotico
Regular Visitor

It happened to me yesterday too.  I cleared out my lists getting ready for an internal demo and BAM.  I cried for a few hours yesterday.

Tyler

Helpful resources

Announcements
MBAS Gallery 2020

MBAS Gallery 2020

Watch Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions on-demand.

‘Better Together’ T-Shirt Contest – Winner Announced!

‘Better Together’ T-Shirt Contest – Winner Announced!

And the winner is...

firstImage

New Ranks and Rank Icons released on April 21!

The time has come: We are finally able to share more details on the brand-new ranks coming to the Power Apps Community!

Power Platform 2020 release wave 1 plan

Power Platform 2020 release wave 1 plan

Features releasing from April 2020 through September 2020

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (6,706)