cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Advocate V
Advocate V

Request Operation is Invalid. The $top expression "Infinity" is not valid

Although there is an earlier thread on this topic that is marked as resolved, this issue is not resolved for many of us, as creating an entry in the list so that there is at least one did not make the error go away. I have a screen with 3 galleries, each connected to a different SharePoint list from the same site. Depending on who is accessing the app (comparing Lower(User().Email) to a collection of emails), I am filtering the list to display only the most recent 50 entries in the gallery, or only the most recent 50 created by that user. I'm using the same filter on each gallery (though obviously for the corresponding list). When accessing as someone who is allowed (just within the app, no special permissions in SharePoint) to see all of the most recent 50 entries, the error does not come up. But if I access as one of the people whose email is in the collection, I get an error when I click on an item in either of 2 galleries but not in the 3rd gallery. I also get an error when just going to a new form (no item selected) for those two lists from buttons. All the related lists have entries. Of the two that throw the error, one has an item created by that user and the other doesn't (so one gallery has one item and the other doesn't).

21 REPLIES 21
Highlighted

I was informed yesterday by a Microsoft engineer that the product team had found the root cause and had a fix ready to release that should be rolled out today.

Highlighted

Yes I think is already done.  It will not away though until yu do a slight edit,  save and republish

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

News & Announcements

Community Blog

Stay up tp date on the latest blogs and activities in the community News & Announcements.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Community Highlights

Community Highlights

Check out the Power Platform Community Highlights

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (11,273)