cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Christy_Roach
Advocate II
Advocate II

Require a question to be answered based on a previous yes answer

I really feel like this should be easy.  I've built it into forms before and am kicking myself because I can't get it to work in the one I'm trying to build right now. I've looked through the database and tried what is out there but it just doesn't work for me.  Hoping someone can help without too much trouble.

I have a field that says "Is this project related to an event?"  DataCard23 and I've made it a yes/no toggle.  I have several subsequent questions that are required to be answered, if the answer to "Is this project related to an event?" is "yes".  Everything I try is giving me an error.  I have tried:

If(DataCardValue23.Selected.Value = "Yes", true,false) which is what the forum says but is that really required since it's a Boolean?

I've also tried, 

("Yes" in DataCardValue23.Selected.Items.Value)

Can anyone help me with this?  

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
WarrenBelz
Super User
Super User

Hi @Christy_Roach ,

With a Boolean value, the possible values are true and false, not "Yes" and "No"

All you actually have to put is

DataCardValue23.Selected.Value

as if true, will return a true value to your formula (you did not include the whole formula)

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
WarrenBelz
Super User
Super User

Hi @Christy_Roach ,

With a Boolean value, the possible values are true and false, not "Yes" and "No"

All you actually have to put is

DataCardValue23.Selected.Value

as if true, will return a true value to your formula (you did not include the whole formula)

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

WarrenBelz
Super User
Super User

Hi @Christy_Roach ,

Just checking if you got the result you were looking for on this thread. Happy to help further if not.

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,150)