Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
opticshrew2
Helper II
Helper II

Required Fields and Custom Main Forms

Hi all,

I'm creating a Model Driven Power App that contains tabs (Stage 1, Stage 2 and Stage 3). At each stage different fields are required for data entry, which doesn't seem possible.

Instead I'm trying the following:

- Create a new Main Form for each stage.

- Include the required fields.

- Allow a user to dynamically switch between forms (previously available in D365).

The last bit (form switching) appears to no longer exist / been disabled. Does anyone know how I could enable this?

The MS documentation states that this cannot be done on mobile/tablet devices, nothing about web:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/model-driven-apps/main-form-presentations

Thanks,

J

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
rimatos
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @opticshrew2 , based on the documentation you provided what i can conclude form reading is that the option to support multiple forms is available only in Dynamics 365 for phones and tablets, and this does not allow you to switch between forms.

image.png

However, based on the description you provided I believe that you could try and implement this in another way.

Since what you intend is to have different stages, and have different fields of data to be inserted in these different stages, you could create one model driven app form, and incorporate it with a Business Process Flow (BPF).

BPF have different Stages each with different steps to fill in with data that can change depending on each stage you are. Additionally you can bounce around each different stage as you please 🙂

image.png

You can integrate this in Model Driven Apps as seen here. You also have this training available for helping in creating this.

Hope this information was helpful to you!

Regards,

Ricardo

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
rimatos
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @opticshrew2 , based on the documentation you provided what i can conclude form reading is that the option to support multiple forms is available only in Dynamics 365 for phones and tablets, and this does not allow you to switch between forms.

image.png

However, based on the description you provided I believe that you could try and implement this in another way.

Since what you intend is to have different stages, and have different fields of data to be inserted in these different stages, you could create one model driven app form, and incorporate it with a Business Process Flow (BPF).

BPF have different Stages each with different steps to fill in with data that can change depending on each stage you are. Additionally you can bounce around each different stage as you please 🙂

image.png

You can integrate this in Model Driven Apps as seen here. You also have this training available for helping in creating this.

Hope this information was helpful to you!

Regards,

Ricardo

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

May UG Leader Call Carousel 768x460.png

June User Group Leader Call

Join us on June 28 for our monthly User Group leader call!

PA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

This training provides practical hands-on experience in creating Power Apps solutions in a full-day of instructor-led App creation workshop.

PA.JPG

New Release Planning Portal (Preview)

Check out our new release planning portal, an interactive way to plan and prepare for upcoming features in Power Platform.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (1,998)