Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
opticshrew2
Helper II
Helper II

Required Fields and Custom Main Forms

Hi all,

I'm creating a Model Driven Power App that contains tabs (Stage 1, Stage 2 and Stage 3). At each stage different fields are required for data entry, which doesn't seem possible.

Instead I'm trying the following:

- Create a new Main Form for each stage.

- Include the required fields.

- Allow a user to dynamically switch between forms (previously available in D365).

The last bit (form switching) appears to no longer exist / been disabled. Does anyone know how I could enable this?

The MS documentation states that this cannot be done on mobile/tablet devices, nothing about web:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/model-driven-apps/main-form-presentations

Thanks,

J

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
rimatos
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @opticshrew2 , based on the documentation you provided what i can conclude form reading is that the option to support multiple forms is available only in Dynamics 365 for phones and tablets, and this does not allow you to switch between forms.

image.png

However, based on the description you provided I believe that you could try and implement this in another way.

Since what you intend is to have different stages, and have different fields of data to be inserted in these different stages, you could create one model driven app form, and incorporate it with a Business Process Flow (BPF).

BPF have different Stages each with different steps to fill in with data that can change depending on each stage you are. Additionally you can bounce around each different stage as you please 🙂

image.png

You can integrate this in Model Driven Apps as seen here. You also have this training available for helping in creating this.

Hope this information was helpful to you!

Regards,

Ricardo

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
rimatos
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @opticshrew2 , based on the documentation you provided what i can conclude form reading is that the option to support multiple forms is available only in Dynamics 365 for phones and tablets, and this does not allow you to switch between forms.

image.png

However, based on the description you provided I believe that you could try and implement this in another way.

Since what you intend is to have different stages, and have different fields of data to be inserted in these different stages, you could create one model driven app form, and incorporate it with a Business Process Flow (BPF).

BPF have different Stages each with different steps to fill in with data that can change depending on each stage you are. Additionally you can bounce around each different stage as you please 🙂

image.png

You can integrate this in Model Driven Apps as seen here. You also have this training available for helping in creating this.

Hope this information was helpful to you!

Regards,

Ricardo

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Power Query PA Forum 768x460.png

Check it out!

Did you know that you can visit the Power Query Forum in Power BI and now Power Apps

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

R2 (Green) 768 x 460px.png

Microsoft Dynamics 365 & Power Platform User Professionals

DynamicsCon is a FREE, 4 half-day virtual learning experience for 11,000+ Microsoft Business Application users and professionals.

Users online (1,925)