cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Required fields not working with dropdown

I have replaced text boxes with dropdowns and marked the card as required but I can still submit data without choosing a value.

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Required fields not working with dropdown

Hi Brain,

What did you mean by "replace the textbox with dropdown"? If we insert the dropdown from the beginning and choose the required field, it should work as expected (according to my test result).

Please try to create the drop down from blank and test.

Regards,

Mona

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Hi Mona,

To clarify , I have created an App from a SQL datasource and it creates the Text boxes automatically based on the data source but I need some of these text boxes to be drop down boxes for end user choices so I remove them form the cards and add in a dropdown box , yes if I create the dropdowns from scratch it works fine or if I dont change the original text boxes it works fine also.

Regards

Brian

Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am also having trouble with this. It there a way to make the dropdown required so that the user can't just submit the default value. Right now I have a dropsown with the options: "Select", "Yes", and "No". I want to make it so that they won't be able to submit the "select" option.

Highlighted
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi

If you wish to Submit for Yes & No only but not for Select (for your instance), you can set a conditional formula during Submit.

Example:

- If(Dropdown.Selected. Result <> "Select", Submit)..something like this

Hope this gives you "Hint".

TQ

hpkeong

Helpful resources

Announcements
secondImage

New Return to Workplace

Reopen responsibly, monitor intelligently, and protect continuously with solutions for a safer work environment.

August 2020 CYST Challenge

Check out the winners of the recent 'Can You Solve These?' community challenge!

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

Join us for an in-depth look at the new Power Apps features and capabilities at the free Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Check this Out

Helpful information

Featuring samples like Return to the Workplace and Emergency Response Applications

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Users online (3,890)