cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rehankazi
Advocate I
Advocate I

Reset Function hides Data in Gallery

I have a search box connected to Gallery data source. I have included a RESET button to remove text from the searchbox in order to perform new search. When the RESET is pressed twice it hides the data within the gallery and I cant see the data unless I close the app. (If RESET is pressed once, it removes the text written in the searchbox but doesn't hide the data in the gallery) The issue is when you press the RESET twice the data cannot be seen in the gallery.

rehankazi_2-1635443973863.png

rehankazi_0-1635443677889.png

Below screenshots shows when RESET is pressed twice.

rehankazi_1-1635443718825.png

When I remove the text by using backspace from the searchbox the data in the gallery shows.

Can someone help?

13 REPLIES 13
rehankazi
Advocate I
Advocate I

The reset works and i dont loose the data in the gallery but I lost the search/filter function 😞

rehankazi_2-1635448818127.png

rehankazi_0-1635448640819.png

RandyHayes
Super User
Super User

@rehankazi 

What was your filter formula before?

The current formula you took from us was more of an example than a "use this".  If you want searching, then you need to specify that in the formula...

This formula will only show results if the name is complete - not partial:

Filter(ContactList_1,
    (IsBlank(MySearchTextBox.Text) || Name = TextInputSearch_2.Text)
)

This formula will show results if the name startswith what is typed:

Filter(ContactList_1,
    (IsBlank(MySearchTextBox.Text) || StartsWith(Name, TextInputSearch_2.Text))
)

This formula will search anything that matches (NOTE: This is non-delegable):

Search(ContactList_1,
    TextInputSearch_2.Text, "Name"
)
_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up below. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution below. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
NOTE: My normal response times will be Mon to Fri from 1 PM to 10 PM UTC (and lots of other times too!)
Check out my PowerApps Videos too! And, follow me on Twitter @RandyHayes

Really want to show your appreciation? Buy Me A Cup Of Coffee!
rehankazi
Advocate I
Advocate I

Oh yes, it works, @RandyHayes & @poweractivate Thanks a lot!!

RandyHayes
Super User
Super User

@rehankazi 

Happy to help!  

@poweractivate thanks for chiming in too!  🙂 

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up below. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution below. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
NOTE: My normal response times will be Mon to Fri from 1 PM to 10 PM UTC (and lots of other times too!)
Check out my PowerApps Videos too! And, follow me on Twitter @RandyHayes

Really want to show your appreciation? Buy Me A Cup Of Coffee!

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

This training provides practical hands-on experience in creating Power Apps solutions in a full-day of instructor-led App creation workshop.

Microsoft Build 768x460.png

Microsoft Build is May 24-26. Have you registered yet?

Come together to explore latest innovations in code and application development—and gain insights from experts from around the world.

May UG Leader Call Carousel 768x460.png

What difference can a User Group make for you?

At the monthly call, connect with other leaders and find out how community makes your experience even better.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,511)