cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Advocate V
Advocate V

Reset an object colors (fill, border, etc) back to Theme colors?

Is there a way in a Canvas app to reset all colors for an object back to the current theme colors? I manually changed it back to the RGBA theme color for a few properties, but that seems to be recognized as a hard-coded color and doesn't change with the theme.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Super User
Super User

Re: Reset an object colors (fill, border, etc) back to Theme colors?

By theme color what do you mean. Is it the PowerApp theme color or your own developed theme color?

For Powerapps theme you cannot change it through the reset as you require.

That is why @iAm_ManCat  has developed that theme as a workaround.

I'd on the other hand you want to reset some controls then use the formula I provided. You can add variables to change the true to false for the change or reset of the color to another color

------------

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Super User
Super User

You can create a variable OnStart of the App:

Set(MyFillColor,Green)

Or you can also put it Onselect of a Button.

Then in your screen or any control you can use the variable name  MyFillColor as the color

------------

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

Highlighted
Super User
Super User

You can create a variable OnStart of the App:

Set(MyFillColor,Green)

Or you can also put it Onselect of a Button.

Then in your screen or any control you can use the variable name  MyFillColor as the color

A more comprehensive one has been done by IAM Man Cat

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Community-App-Samples/Branding-Template-App-V2/td-p/363582

------------

Highlighted
Advocate V
Advocate V

thanks @eka24 - I know how to do that.

I have an app that I am sick of tweaking colors for so just want to say "Reset all color choices to current theme" basically. But I cannot find a way to do this globally or individually for each object. I am having to delete and recreate the object to get it to honor whatever the current theme choices are.

So asking how, if possible, to reset color choices for any property/object/app to use the current theme.

Highlighted
Super User
Super User

By theme color what do you mean. Is it the PowerApp theme color or your own developed theme color?

For Powerapps theme you cannot change it through the reset as you require.

That is why @iAm_ManCat  has developed that theme as a workaround.

I'd on the other hand you want to reset some controls then use the formula I provided. You can add variables to change the true to false for the change or reset of the color to another color

------------

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
secondImage

New Return to Workplace

Reopen responsibly, monitor intelligently, and protect continuously with solutions for a safer work environment.

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

Join us for an in-depth look at the new Power Apps features and capabilities at the free Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Check this Out

Helpful information

Featuring samples like Return to the Workplace and Emergency Response Applications

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (7,413)