cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JWB
Level: Powered On

Re: Reset/delete of Peoplepicker entry is not saved in the SP-List, other field updates are

Hi Howley. In my example I am clearing all the fields in the form - except for the Comment field. When the user clears the record they often want to comment on why the record content was cleared. If you are clearing the entire content of the record then the _Body parameter is not needed. If you are only clearing the People Picker, then only the People Picker fields need to be represented in the Body of the request.

If indeed you need to clear the picker AND update content in other fields at the same time – then you will need reference(s) to SendanHTTPrequesttoSharePoint_Body .

You pass the fields you want to update in your Button’s flow.Run() function on the OnSelect property. In my example I would code OnSelect = myFlow.Run(ItemID,FormComment). The contents of FormComment populates the ‘SendanHTTPrequesttoSharePoint_Body’ element in the Dynamic Content dropdown (see attchment).

For each passed parameter in the Run function there will be a _Body Json param generated.

pkrsingh861

Re: Reset/delete of Peoplepicker entry is not saved in the SP-List, other field updates are

This is really ugly. Microsoft can you please share us the eta on the fix

@SonjaK wrote:

Hi,

I have a SP List as source, and an app with an Edit Form.

The people picker is "empty" in the form, if I enter a person it gets saved into the SP-List.

If I remove the entry it is not beeing deleted in the SP-List.

!Other fields in the same form and list gets updated, also if I delete textbox fields, content gets updated/deleted - only with that people picker it is not working!

Hope you have an advice,

Thanks,

Sonja

Mengting

Hi JWB,

I have created the flow according to your picture. But I still don't know how to run the flow in PowerApps in a right way.

What should I write for "FormComment" variable in PowerApps? see Screenshots below:

PeoplePickerBug_Flow1.PNGPeoplePickerBug_Flow2.PNG

Best Regards,

Mengting

@JWB wrote:

Hi Howley. In my example I am clearing all the fields in the form - except for the Comment field. When the user clears the record they often want to comment on why the record content was cleared. If you are clearing the entire content of the record then the _Body parameter is not needed. If you are only clearing the People Picker, then only the People Picker fields need to be represented in the Body of the request.

If indeed you need to clear the picker AND update content in other fields at the same time – then you will need reference(s) to SendanHTTPrequesttoSharePoint_Body .

You pass the fields you want to update in your Button’s flow.Run() function on the OnSelect property. In my example I would code OnSelect = myFlow.Run(ItemID,FormComment). The contents of FormComment populates the ‘SendanHTTPrequesttoSharePoint_Body’ element in the Dynamic Content dropdown (see attchment).

For each passed parameter in the Run function there will be a _Body Json param generated.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Apps Super User Class of 2020

Check it out!

thirdimage

Power Apps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

SecondImage

Difinity Conference

The largest Power BI, Power Platform, and Data conference in New Zealand

Top Solution Authors
Users online (5,309)