cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Gelos
Helper I
Helper I

Reset propery

I have 3 drop down in gallery. there drop down has same value name1 and name2 and name3. I should not allow user select same value these dropdown. so i user Reset property but problem is I have 5 item in gallery. if I reset 1 item 2 nd dropdown at the time all 5 items second drop down also reset how to avoid this. I want to achieve only reset 1st item 2 nd dropdown. please help me.

5 REPLIES 5
Nogueira1306
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hey. That is not possible. If the 2nd combobox depends from the 1st one, if the 1st one is blank, you cant set a value for the 2nd.

Pratical example: you send an email asking your boss a notebook.
She say yes.
If you want a laptop instead, you have to ask again

The logic is the same

Thank you for your replay.

@Nogueira1306 

Can I remove combox box value in gallery. Example if user select name1 at combobx1 then comboboxes 2 and 3 should not show name1 like that.

Not sure. Because you have to show a collection or a list. If that name is on the collection, it will show. What you can do is create 3 different collections. And, when you choose the first name, it removes that name from the second combobox and if u reset, u re-create that 2nd collection

I use cds table. I show vendor name from that table so how should I use collection. And how to achieve remove selected value from other two dropdowns.

Dropdown1

Dropdown2

Dropdown3

if user select 1stname in dropdown1 that 1stname remove dropdown2 and dropdown3 then user select 2nd name in dropdown2 remove second name drop down1 and dropdown3 like that please help me.

@Nogueira1306 

Nogueira1306
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

So. On start: 
 Collect( cdsTable;
{Name: Name};))

Then, you filter gallery2 to remove the item that you selected in gallery1 and in remove in gallery 3 the galeery1 and gallery2 item

When you finisih, clear the gallery and collect the 3 gallerys again

But I think thats a lot of work that you dont need

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Power Query PA Forum 768x460.png

Check it out!

Did you know that you can visit the Power Query Forum in Power BI and now Power Apps

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Users online (3,129)