Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Reset to default value in ComboBox

Hi,

I have the following problem:

I have a screen where a person has to select his own name from a list, after selecting his own name from the ComboBox he navigate's to the second screen and fills out a question, after this procedure the screens goes back to the first screen where the ComboBox should be empty and ready to fill in for the next user to register a question.

I cannot find a way to reset this combobox, I tried the following without success:

- Use the reset function : Reset(ComboBoxName)

- Use the reset attribute on the ComboBox and let it change from true to false - maybe this doesn't works because I put wrong values in the Default or DefaultSelectedItems attributes but also here I'm not 100% sure what to fill in here (I tried with Blank(), "", -1, or even the first record from my Items datasource)

Remarks:

- I cannot use the User().Fullname attribute since the application is running under a generic account

- I cannot use the dropdown control since we really need to foresee the option to type in the name since the list with names has more than 100 items in it

Does anyone knows the solution to this one? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
FilipK
Power Apps
Power Apps

Reset(ComboBox1) is the proper way to do this. It will remove the previous user selections while maintaining the data source configured originally.

Unfortunately this was just implemented recently and will be released in two weeks.

- not filipk@microsoft.com, please private message me if you can't share with everyone

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
FilipK
Power Apps
Power Apps

Reset(ComboBox1) is the proper way to do this. It will remove the previous user selections while maintaining the data source configured originally.

Unfortunately this was just implemented recently and will be released in two weeks.

- not filipk@microsoft.com, please private message me if you can't share with everyone
Anonymous
Not applicable

Okay, good to know it will be released soon because I was pulling my hear out on this one 🙂

Thanks for the quick reply!

hpkeong
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @Anonymous

I try to search your post and finally get it.

I am trying out to figure out the best way and also looking for better solution from PG.

Anyway, I have a workaround which definitely works and i am using it esp for a 500 Combo Box dropdown.. it is faster to lookg for a item with IsSearhable = true.

Please look at my post and hope it helps.

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/PowerApps-Forum/Combo-Box-Reset/m-p/67315#M27654

hpkeong

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

365 EduCon 768x460.png

Microsoft 365 EduCon

Join us for two optional days of workshops and a 3-day conference, you can choose from over 130 sessions in multiple tracks and 25 workshops.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (4,688)