Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jfha97
Frequent Visitor

Resetting Sharepoint list after editing with PowerApps

Dear all,

Hope you are doing well.

I recently edited my columns from a sharepoint list using PowerApps editor and want to revert all changes to default. Pretty much to how the list was before I made the changes with PowerApps.

How can I do this? I tried searching for versions and going from there, but I cannot locate this either.

Thank you in advance for your time and assistance.

Best,

Jfha97

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
RandyHayes
Super User
Super User

@Jfha97 

Thank you for clarifying!

Go into your List Settings in SharePoint and then go to Form Settings.  Change the radio control from "Use a custom form..." to "Use the Default SharePoint form".

RandyHayes_0-1618267547365.png

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up below. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution below. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
NOTE: My normal response times will be Mon to Fri from 1 PM to 10 PM UTC (and lots of other times too!)
Check out my PowerApps Videos too! And, follow me on Twitter @RandyHayes

Really want to show your appreciation? Buy Me A Cup Of Coffee!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
RandyHayes
Super User
Super User

@Jfha97 

Can you explain more about what you mean?  PowerApps will not alter your list (except editing records in it).  

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up below. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution below. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
NOTE: My normal response times will be Mon to Fri from 1 PM to 10 PM UTC (and lots of other times too!)

Jfha97
Frequent Visitor

@RandyHayes 

I went in my sharepoint list > + New > Customize with PowerApps. I made some changes in there and hit "save and publish". Now, whenever I go back to Sharepoint and try to add a new item, it has the layout that I customized with PowerApps and I do not want it. I found the versions and tried deleting them all to see if Sharepoint would just update to the standard version. It did not.

That is the best way I can portray it. I attached two screenshots:

1. One shows how the item looks without the "PowerApps" customization.

2. The other shows how it looks after I edited it with PowerApps.

I just want to revert it back to "normal" if you will.

Thank you for your help and time!

Best,

Jfha97

RandyHayes
Super User
Super User

@Jfha97 

Thank you for clarifying!

Go into your List Settings in SharePoint and then go to Form Settings.  Change the radio control from "Use a custom form..." to "Use the Default SharePoint form".

RandyHayes_0-1618267547365.png

@RandyHayes 

Thank you so much, that is what I needed!

Cheers!

Jfha97

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

This training provides practical hands-on experience in creating Power Apps solutions in a full-day of instructor-led App creation workshop.

PA.JPG

New Release Planning Portal (Preview)

Check out our new release planning portal, an interactive way to plan and prepare for upcoming features in Power Platform.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,605)