Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

Responsive Layout and Fonts

Hi All , 

I m trying to create a responsive app, how ever i have few issue which i m unable to move on with, Is there anyway i can change the font Size based on the Screen Size of the app? i know that we can use the Set property, then use same on font size, if function, this does not seems to be working properly for me. 

Please the details of the screen shots, so that you will know it actually looks on big screen and how it looks on phone.

However, this font size is suitable for the phone, needs to be bigger as the app changes the its screen size. 

if any suggestions please help. i need some idea?

Also the Image in the corner topRight needs to be circle image which im trying to use app.height and app.width property but still it is square. Is there any thing im Doing worng here?

Thanks 

Tapesh Desktop layoutDesktop layoutPhone LayoutPhone Layout 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

Re: Responsive Layout and Fonts

The key to doing this is to point the Size attribute of all the fonts that you want to resize to one label on the screen.  Then use a formula for that label's size something like the one below:

Switch(Parent.Size, ScreenSize.Small,12, ScreenSize.Medium,13,14)

This will switch the font size of all the controls based on the size of the parent screen.  In this case, small would be 12, medium 13 and large 14.  It is a fair amount of work, but it is functional 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

The key to doing this is to point the Size attribute of all the fonts that you want to resize to one label on the screen.  Then use a formula for that label's size something like the one below:

Switch(Parent.Size, ScreenSize.Small,12, ScreenSize.Medium,13,14)

This will switch the font size of all the controls based on the size of the parent screen.  In this case, small would be 12, medium 13 and large 14.  It is a fair amount of work, but it is functional 

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

@Pstork1 

I hope the same solution will also apply if i want to change  the size of the image or any other thing is it ? 

Please let me know it is. Or else how this can be achieved form your point of view.

Thanks 

Highlighted
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

Its not automatic, anymore than it is for font size.  But yes, you can change/scale pretty much anything the same way.  Check the documentation link I included in the first reply.  It has a lot of information about just this kind of thing.

Highlighted
Skilled Sharer
Skilled Sharer

HI - I have posted 3 apps/components related to responsive design. In this thread, find the I shared an app called Sample App. In this app, I have included responsive, fluid font.  Check it out; it might help.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Watch Now

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

See the latest Power Apps innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (6,170)