cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lg-power
Helper I
Helper I

Responsive app: App.Width and App.Height property not always set correctly when rotating IOS devices

When rotating IOS devices I get this behaviour where the App.Width and App.Height properties are, sometimes, not set correctly. 

I will demonstrate by showing three screenshots where the App.Width and App.Height properties are displayed in the Title bar

Correct width and height properties: 

lgpower_0-1627639596966.png

wrong when horizontally orientated: 

lgpower_1-1627639612826.png

wrong when vertically orientated: 

lgpower_2-1627639624789.png

Am I doing something wrong? I mean I do not have control over the App.Width and App.Height properties, right? 

12 REPLIES 12
mdevaney
Super User
Super User

@lg-power 
You're doing it right, I've noticed this bug too.  I don't have a solution.  But wanted to let you know the coding is done right.

Dicer
Frequent Visitor

I have noticed a similar issue with our apps.

mdevaney
Super User
Super User

@lg-power @Dicer 

Can you please confirm it’s only an iOS issue?  I tested Android and iOS but only IOS failed.

I’ve raised the issue with MSFT

I’ve extensively tested on browsers, android devices (tablets/phones) and iOS devices (tablets phones) and can confirm issue has been IOS only for me. 

mdevaney
Super User
Super User

@Dicer 

Can you please confirm it’s iOS?

Dicer
Frequent Visitor

@mdevaney @It might be a different issue then. I am seeing it on anything lower than 800 width. My apps are no longer responsive and I didnt change anything. Some of my controls are scrunched up like the image you showed.

Dicer
Frequent Visitor

Dicer_0-1627750449947.pngDicer_1-1627750490617.png

Dicer_2-1627750509621.pngDicer_3-1627750529780.png

Ramole
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

Hi @lg-power 

please check this as I have build a working and responsive app fellowing Reza Dorrani tutorial 

Responsive app tutorial  

Thank you
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the others and consider giving it a "Thumbs Up."

@Ramole

I’ve watched already.  This is a Power Apps bug. Even if we follow the tutorial it will still happen.

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Users online (1,188)