cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Restrict people control

I want to bind People control which should be populated from approval list based on some filters.As for FM1 PRJ Approver person column all this 3 names should be populated based on filter.

Approvers.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Restrict people control

Hi @Ashub1 ,

Could you please share a bit more about your scenario?

Could you please share a bit more about the People control that you mentioned? Is it a People Picker ComboBox within your app?

Could you please show more details about the Approver column? Is it a Person type column in your SP list?

Based on the needs that you mentioned, I suppose that you want to restrict the avaiable options of People Picker ComboBox based on the Title column value in your app, is it true?

I have made a test on my side, please take a try with the following workaround:7.JPG

Add a Dropdown control or ComboBox control within my app, set the Items property to following:

Filter(
Split(
Concat(Filter('20190701_case7', Title = "Machine Learning"), Executors.DisplayName & ","),
","
),
!IsBlank(Result)
)

On yuor side, you should type following formula:

Filter(
        Split(
               Concat(Filter('Your Approver List', Title = "A specific Title value"), Approver.DisplayName & ","),
               ","
        ), 
        !IsBlank(Result)
)

Note: I assume that the Approver column is a Person type column in your Approver list, which could only select single one user.

Please take a try with above solution, check if the issue is solved.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Ashub1 ,

Could you please share a bit more about your scenario?

Could you please share a bit more about the People control that you mentioned? Is it a People Picker ComboBox within your app?

Could you please show more details about the Approver column? Is it a Person type column in your SP list?

Based on the needs that you mentioned, I suppose that you want to restrict the avaiable options of People Picker ComboBox based on the Title column value in your app, is it true?

I have made a test on my side, please take a try with the following workaround:7.JPG

Add a Dropdown control or ComboBox control within my app, set the Items property to following:

Filter(
Split(
Concat(Filter('20190701_case7', Title = "Machine Learning"), Executors.DisplayName & ","),
","
),
!IsBlank(Result)
)

On yuor side, you should type following formula:

Filter(
        Split(
               Concat(Filter('Your Approver List', Title = "A specific Title value"), Approver.DisplayName & ","),
               ","
        ), 
        !IsBlank(Result)
)

Note: I assume that the Approver column is a Person type column in your Approver list, which could only select single one user.

Please take a try with above solution, check if the issue is solved.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Worked as Charm .Thank u !!

Helpful resources

Announcements
secondImage

New Return to Workplace

Reopen responsibly, monitor intelligently, and protect continuously with solutions for a safer work environment.

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

Join us for an in-depth look at the new Power Apps features and capabilities at the free Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Check this Out

Helpful information

Featuring samples like Return to the Workplace and Emergency Response Applications

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (9,258)