cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ameenkvy
Frequent Visitor

Restrict the power apps forms with number of entries?

I  have created a form in power apps and data is connected with sharepoint list. I would like to restrict the user to submit only 2 entries per user. can someone help me please.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
AmDev
Super User
Super User

Hi @ameenkvy 

You can handle individual controls by adding some logic as follows.

To disable the submit button by adding the following to the displaymode of the submit button.

If(

CountRows(Filter(YourListNAME, User().Email='Created By'.Email)) > 2 , DisplayMode.Disabled, DisplayMode.Edit

)

You could also add a label with red text beside the button to inform the user why it is locked down and set it's visible property to 

CountRows(Filter(YourListNAME, User().Email='Created By'.Email)) > 2

Lastly, you could control the mode of the form using the same rationale as the displaymode on button above - so in the Form 'DefaultMode' add:

If(

CountRows(Filter(YourListNAME, User().Email='Created By'.Email)) > 2 , FormMode.View, FormMode.Edit

)

---------------------

If you wanted to apply this rationale in bulk in a more efficient fashion, you could set a variable in the onVisible property of the screen and then just use that variable as the check:

OnVisible of screen:

If(

CountRows(Filter(YourListNAME, User().Email='Created By'.Email)) > 2, UpdateContext({varlRecordCountMet: true})

)

Disable the submit button by adding the following to the displaymode of the submit button.

If(

varlRecordCountMet , DisplayMode.Disabled, DisplayMode.Edit

)

You could also add a label with red text beside the button to inform the user why it is locked down and set it's visible property to 

varlRecordCountMet

Lastly, you could control the mode of the form using the same rationale as the displaymode on button above - so in the Form 'DefaultMode' add:

If(

varlRecordCountMet, FormMode.View, FormMode.Edit

)

Hope this helps

Gerard

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
dhavalkankoshiy
Regular Visitor

Hello,

Please create collection on form load after count items from newly collection if grater then 2 then disabled submit button.

Collect (currentUserCollection, Filter(SPListDatasource,AuthorEmail.Email=User().Email)) 

if(CountRows(currentUserCollection) > 2, "buttonDisabled', "buttonEbabled"))

AmDev
Super User
Super User

Hi @ameenkvy 

You can handle individual controls by adding some logic as follows.

To disable the submit button by adding the following to the displaymode of the submit button.

If(

CountRows(Filter(YourListNAME, User().Email='Created By'.Email)) > 2 , DisplayMode.Disabled, DisplayMode.Edit

)

CountRows(Filter(YourListNAME, User().Email='Created By'.Email)) > 2

If(

CountRows(Filter(YourListNAME, User().Email='Created By'.Email)) > 2 , FormMode.View, FormMode.Edit

)

---------------------

If you wanted to apply this rationale in bulk in a more efficient fashion, you could set a variable in the onVisible property of the screen and then just use that variable as the check:

OnVisible of screen:

If(

CountRows(Filter(YourListNAME, User().Email='Created By'.Email)) > 2, UpdateContext({varlRecordCountMet: true})

)

Disable the submit button by adding the following to the displaymode of the submit button.

If(

varlRecordCountMet , DisplayMode.Disabled, DisplayMode.Edit

)

varlRecordCountMet

If(

varlRecordCountMet, FormMode.View, FormMode.Edit

)

Hope this helps

Gerard

@AmDev Thank you. Its working and same time, im getting below warning messages. Also when displaymode is disabled, would like to show the textbox by mentioning the reason why we locked. Could you please help me with both questions. I can see you have already answered for my second question and unfortunately it wasnt clear for me and requesting you elaborate in detail.

ameenkvy_0-1657197591732.png

@ameenkvy don't worry about the delegation warning. You are getting this because CountRows is not delegable, but this wont be an issue for you as the filter nested inside the countrows is delegable and it will only ever return a max of 2 rows, given the limit you are setting with your form functionality.

In terms of your explanation label, you want that to be visible when users have hit their limit, so you want to add logic into the 'visible' property that will resolve to 'true' under those conditions I.e. displaying the label. You can use the logic I provided above or you could also use the displaymode of your form by usi g the following logic

YourFormName.Mode = Formmode.View

...when your form is in view mode, the label will show.

Note I've realised a mistake in the logic above where it will allow users to add a 3rd record, so instead of '>2' use '=2'.

Hope this helps

Gerard

@ameenkvy ,

Firstly @AmDev 's solution is correct and you should accept this - I will just add a small hint if you do not like Delegation warnings (like me)

With(
   {
      wList:
      Filter(
         YourListNAME, 
         'Created By'.Email = User().Email
      )
   },
   If(
      CountRows(wList) > 2, 
      DisplayMode.Disabled, 
      DisplayMode.Edit
   )
)

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Community Call Conversations

Introducing the Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (4,905)