cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SunnyZaman
Regular Visitor

Restricting Specific Email Address to be listed in the sharepoint list

Dear Community Members need some help. I have created a SharePoint list to act as a ticketing system. So, every time an email comes to a shared mailbox it gets listed to that SharePoint ticketing site however I want to restrict a specific email address not to be listed in the SharePoint list which is the backup report email. How do I stop that email not be copied across the share point list?

For Example, xyz@gmail.com send emails about the daily backup report to our shared mailbox but I want them to be in our shared mailbox and not get listed on the SharePoint list how do I do that? Any leads would be highly appreciated.

Kind Regards

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

HI @SunnyZaman 

Try to change ' to " :

@Not(equals(triggerOutputs()?['body/from'], "xyz@gmail.com"))

If still not working You can do a condition as on the schema below of course add all steps to retrieve data You need  below is just showing how You can restrict email

SebS_0-1669591426147.png

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users to find it.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
SebS
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

Hi   @SunnyZaman

I assume You use Power Automate to move data from email to SP

If so, to blacklist Your Email, you need to use Trigger Condition

@Not(equals(triggerOutputs()?['body/from'], 'xyz@gmail.com'))

You can find it when You press on the trigger and the three dots and then go to Settings.

SebS_1-1669367469068.png

Than go to

SebS_0-1669367325400.png

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users to find it.

Dear @SebS thank you so much for your reply.  I tried the condition and also try to modify the condition as well however the email is still getting forwarded to share point list. I have attached a few screenshots for better understanding: 

SunnyZaman_0-1669589517212.png

I have put the email address marked in black not to be listed or get forwarded in the share point list however every time an email from that recipient is sent to the shared mailbox it's listed in the share point list library. Please see the below  screenshot:

SunnyZaman_1-1669589691062.png

Any advice will be highly appreciated. 

Thanks.

HI @SunnyZaman 

Try to change ' to " :

@Not(equals(triggerOutputs()?['body/from'], "xyz@gmail.com"))

If still not working You can do a condition as on the schema below of course add all steps to retrieve data You need  below is just showing how You can restrict email

SebS_0-1669591426147.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Community Call Conversations

Introducing the Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,841)