cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Restricting users from creating powerapps

Right now we globally allow all users access to all applications. What I want is to restrict users from creating Flows and PowerApps, but still allow them to use those features.  Examples:  If I publish a PowerApp and share it with all users, I want them to be able to use the published app.  With Flows, this is where the new approval process is built, so a user needs to access their Approvals but not allowed anything else. 

What is possible with this and what is not? 

16 REPLIES 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

This doesn't work for the default environment. So you cannot keep users from creating PowerApps.

Has anyone found a solution or workaround to this issue? 

It would be great to have a feature similar to the PowerShell command that can disable the capability for all users to create new environments. 

Is there any way to do this with a PowerShell script?

Hi Mona,

I was seeing the answer in the post and there is not possible to prevent this access in the environment (default) the post is already old I would like know if today there is any solution for this?

The solution to this problem is to create a business apps environment. In this environment all important apps (apps developed professionally for the whole organization) reside. You can share the app with any number of users or groups. Do not give them maker role. Use the default environment for personal productivity apps i.e. as a playground.

kbirstein1
Advocate III
Advocate III

This "Personal Production" playground "solution" is not a solution. Users will simply create production apps in the default environment if there is no way to prevent them from doing so.

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Users online (2,466)