cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Restricting users from creating powerapps

Right now we globally allow all users access to all applications. What I want is to restrict users from creating Flows and PowerApps, but still allow them to use those features.  Examples:  If I publish a PowerApp and share it with all users, I want them to be able to use the published app.  With Flows, this is where the new approval process is built, so a user needs to access their Approvals but not allowed anything else. 

What is possible with this and what is not? 

18 REPLIES 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

This doesn't work for the default environment. So you cannot keep users from creating PowerApps.

Has anyone found a solution or workaround to this issue? 

It would be great to have a feature similar to the PowerShell command that can disable the capability for all users to create new environments. 

Is there any way to do this with a PowerShell script?

Hi Mona,

I was seeing the answer in the post and there is not possible to prevent this access in the environment (default) the post is already old I would like know if today there is any solution for this?

The solution to this problem is to create a business apps environment. In this environment all important apps (apps developed professionally for the whole organization) reside. You can share the app with any number of users or groups. Do not give them maker role. Use the default environment for personal productivity apps i.e. as a playground.

kbirstein1
Advocate III
Advocate III

This "Personal Production" playground "solution" is not a solution. Users will simply create production apps in the default environment if there is no way to prevent them from doing so.

Bigram
Regular Visitor

Hi,

Microsoft should find a solution quickly for this issue.

I don't know how is it working by Microsoft, but the company I'm in, makes a difference between developers or makers and users.
A user should be able to use a Power App, but not create one. 
Is it so difficult to implement? Many people have same problem and need a solution, so if you want more people to use Power Apps, make this possible.

Thanks.

MED1976

Hi, is there any update on this from Microsoft.  We really need a solution to lockdown users from creating Power Apps within the default environment.  We are trying to roll out Power Apps applications to our users which then comes with the risk that once they have access to the Power Apps environment itself they are then able to create their own apps in the default environment.  Surely a security group approach could be implemented for the default enviroment which currently exists for bespoke environments created by admins?  Thanks.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,165)