cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bvantol

Result from filter not saving to SharePoint list

Hello,

I have a filter built in my PowerApps custom form that wont save the result to the Sharepoint form. The filter is based on the value another field in the form and makes sure the dropdown box only shows the right values. Like this:

- Items: Filter(Engagements,'Client Number'=DataCardValue3.Text).'Engagement Number'

I use the result of the filter in the lookup of another field and that works fine, but for some reason the result of my filter will not save in my SharePoint List.

I have tried changing the update property but I can't seem to manage it. 

I hope that someone can help me.

Thanks in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @WarrenBelz,

I just managed to fix the problem myself, but thanks for your help.

Probably a rookie mistake but I forgot the set the Default option to: ThisItem.'Engagement number'

But thanks anyway!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
WarrenBelz
Super User
Super User

Hi @bvantol ,

What type of field are you writing back to - the DataCard Update should be - for Text

YourDropDownName.Selected.'Engagement Number'

For a Choice field

{Value:YourDropDownName.Selected.'Engagement Number'}

If a Lookup, a whole new issue - I will leave that unless it is.

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

Hi @WarrenBelz 

Thanks for your help, the type of the field i am writing back to, however, is a lookup field.

It is a lookup to a different sharepoint list which I filter with 1 value that I entered in another field in the customized form.

Hope you can help me with this!

Hi @WarrenBelz,

I just managed to fix the problem myself, but thanks for your help.

Probably a rookie mistake but I forgot the set the Default option to: ThisItem.'Engagement number'

But thanks anyway!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,739)