cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Retiring certifications

Hello everyone,

I was considering taking an MB-200 exam to get my first certification, but as I can see this exam will be retired on 31/12/2020 and replaced with an exam PL-200 somewhere at the end of September 2020 in a beta version.

Could you please advise me if it even makes sense to take the exam MB-200 until end of this year? Is it so that it will just not be available in 2021 or the certificate will not have much of a value, since the new PL-200 will be out?

I am not sure if I should take it now or wait for the new one. And I also don't know how those beta exams work, if I would not need to wait even for the full non-beta version.

Thank you for any advise 🙂 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Retiring certifications

Hi @trash_panda  If i were you i would take the PL-900 first.

Then move on to MB-901 and later PL-100.

All the above certs are fundamentals of Power Platform and Dynamics 365, that would give you a great foundation for your PL-200.

By that time PL-200 would not be beta any more.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If this post helps answer your question, please click on “Accept as Solution” to help other members find it more quickly. If you thought this post was helpful, please give it a Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted

Hi @trash_panda  If i were you i would take the PL-900 first.

Then move on to MB-901 and later PL-100.

All the above certs are fundamentals of Power Platform and Dynamics 365, that would give you a great foundation for your PL-200.

By that time PL-200 would not be beta any more.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If this post helps answer your question, please click on “Accept as Solution” to help other members find it more quickly. If you thought this post was helpful, please give it a Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

HI @KranthiTupakula,

thank you very much for your advise 🙂 I will consider taking the other certifications too 🙂

But still - even for the future - does it make sense to take an examination, when I see that it's going to retire soon? Will the certificate have a value, when there will be a replacement soon? Or it is better to wait for the new one. Talking in general.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Watch Now

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

See the latest Power Apps innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (7,374)