cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sresnd
Regular Visitor

Retrieve email address from 'Notes' field in Planner task

Hi, 

How can I get an email address listed in the 'Notes' field in a Planner task, so I can use this for notifying people when a task is complete?

Thanks in advance

completed.JPG

7 REPLIES 7
AhmedSalih
Super User
Super User

Hello, @Sresnd , try this:

AhmedSalih_0-1660828960220.png

AhmedSalih_1-1660828990537.png

Regards,

Ahmed

If my reply helped you, please give a 👍. And if it has solved your issue, please consider a 👍 & Accepting it as the Solution to help other members of the community find it more.

My Blog: www.powerplatformplace.com

Hi AhmehSalih,

Thank you for your reply. Your solution seems to get the assigned persons email address, if I understand your reply correctly. What I want is to get the email (which is free text extracted from the submitted Form) from the "Notes" field 

email_notes.JPG

@Sresnd, you will have to use this expression accordingly:

substring(YOUR-NOTE-TEXT,add(lastIndexOf(YOUR-NOTE-TEXT,'Email:'),6))

the String "Email:" is 6 characters and if you always have a space after the : then change 6 to 7.

Regards,

Ahmed

If my reply helped you, please give a 👍. And if it has solved your issue, please consider a 👍 & Accepting it as the Solution to help other members of the community find it more.

Let me know if you have any question about is. 

Regards,

Ahmed

Hi Ahmed, 

I get an error saying the expression is not valid:

expresssion.JPG

@Sresnd, in the Expression, you have to replace the "YOUR-NOTE-TEXT" with your Note value from the Get Task Details Action using Dynamic.

Regards,

Ahmed

@AhmedSalih the note value is free text, not a dynamic value. 

@Sresnd , I know, but you need to select it from the Dynamic tab. 

AhmedSalih_0-1660833345143.png

Delete the Highlighted yellow and leave the cursor there, click Dynamic and selected the Note value from the Get Task Details Action.

Regards,

Ahmed

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Community Call Conversations

Introducing the Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,943)