cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ajwou
Helper I
Helper I

Retrieve names (choices) collected through multi selecting Combo box to one column in SharePoint

Hello, 

I have collected some 'Names' from Office365Users through Combo box (multi choice selection) into one column in ShareFile. I am now trying to retrieve that information from the SharePoint column into HTML Text (for PDF printing via flow). See below the code - SITE TEAM section is where I struggle. 

Ajwou_0-1615557255164.png

The column in SP has the following settings:

Ajwou_1-1615557401941.png

Please would anyone be able to help. 

Kind Regards, 

Ivo

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
RandyHayes
Super User III
Super User III

@Ajwou 

You did not mention what information you wanted to have in your Html from the Person column - Display Name, Email, Title, etc.

I will assume DisplayName in this case.

Please consider changing your Formula to the following:

<td class='thirdWidth'>" & Concat(BrowseGallery1_1.Selected.SiteTeam, DisplayName & ", ") & "</td>

This will give you a text of all of the DisplayNames in your column concatenated together with a comma-space.

If the ending comma-space is an annoyance then also consider the following:

<td class='thirdWidth'>" & With({_n:Concat(BrowseGallery1_1.Selected.SiteTeam, DisplayName & ", ")}, Left(n, Len(n)-2)) & "</td>

I hope this is helpful for you.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
Check out my PowerApps Videos too!

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15
RandyHayes
Super User III
Super User III

@Ajwou 

You did not mention what information you wanted to have in your Html from the Person column - Display Name, Email, Title, etc.

I will assume DisplayName in this case.

Please consider changing your Formula to the following:

<td class='thirdWidth'>" & Concat(BrowseGallery1_1.Selected.SiteTeam, DisplayName & ", ") & "</td>

This will give you a text of all of the DisplayNames in your column concatenated together with a comma-space.

If the ending comma-space is an annoyance then also consider the following:

<td class='thirdWidth'>" & With({_n:Concat(BrowseGallery1_1.Selected.SiteTeam, DisplayName & ", ")}, Left(n, Len(n)-2)) & "</td>

I hope this is helpful for you.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.

View solution in original post

@RandyHayes 

Thank you very much for your help. Yes, I was after DisplayName. Both suggestions worked so went with the second one (adding _ to the n argument). 

RandyHayes
Super User III
Super User III

@Ajwou 

Yes...oops, I forgot to put the underscore in on the n's.  Glad you spotted that and that it is working for you now.

Ajwou
Helper I
Helper I

@RandyHayes 

Please would there be also a way how to retrieve attachments from the SP list? Something like link to the attachment so when printed on PDF if could be either clicked on or copied and pasted to a web browser

RandyHayes
Super User III
Super User III

@Ajwou 

Yes, you can put in your Html something along these lines:

... <ul> " & Concat(BrowseGallery1_1.Selected.Attachments, "<li><a src=" & AbsoluteUri & ">" & DisplayName & "</a></li>") & "</ul> ...

@RandyHayes 

Thankyou for getting back this. The formula seems to struggle with the Attachment part - it only offers 'Has Attachments' column for some reason, however the Attachment column is in SP

Ajwou_0-1615802450009.png

Any suggestions?

RandyHayes
Super User III
Super User III

@Ajwou 

What is the Items formula for BrowseGallery1_1 ?

@RandyHayes 

I have a Search formula for Browse Gallery1_1

Ajwou_0-1615822090859.png

RandyHayes
Super User III
Super User III

@Ajwou 

Is SharePointData the name of your DataSource or is that a variable/collection?

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

secondImage

Are Your Ready?

Test your skills now with the Cloud Skill Challenge.

secondImage

Demo Extravaganza is Back!

We are excited to announce that Demo Extravaganza for 2021 has started!

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (67,115)