Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bochie
Resolver I
Resolver I

Return Expanded Person Columns from SharePoint

Hi All,

I found this wonderful blog post from Paul Murana about getting more than 5000 rows via Power Automate. I am able to return results to Power Apps except for values from my expanded people columns. In my REST query, I expand the Requestor (person column) like below and I do not get errors.

Requestor/EMail,Requestor/Title,Requestor/Office&$expand=Requestor

The output is always like this whether I declare it a string or array in my results schema:

"Requestor": {
      "EMail": "name@email.com",
      "Title": "LastName, FirstName",
      "Office": "Grenoble - France"
    }

What am I missing here? All the other fields in my REST are returned to Power Apps but the Requestor is always blank. If I only expand it to a single field, it is returned as long as the type in my schema is string.

Appreciate any help. Thank you so much!

-bochie

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Bochie
Resolver I
Resolver I

@Eelman,

Finally found the issue, it was my schema all along! I wasn't supposed to set Requestor as string or array, it should have been object. Then the expanded fields would be properties of that object. 🤦🏽‍♂️ anyway, case closed.

"type": "object",
                "properties": {
                    "EMail": {
                        "type": "string"
                    },
                    "Title": {
                    }
                }

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Eelman
Super User
Super User

@Bochie 

Some thoughts:

1. Is 'Requestor' the internal field name of your person field? Has its name been changed since it was first created.

2. Where he uses the Generates from Sample step, did you select a record that would have a Requestor in your data so that the JSON structure is built correctly?

3. Is Requestor a Multi or Single select field? If Multi, this may break this Flow, not sure.

That's all I can think of as you seem to have followed the process to the letter.

Hi @Eelman,

Yes, Requestor is the internal field name and it's just a single select. I've tried to declare it as array in my schema, the flow still works but the values are still not passed to the collection in Power Apps.

Thanks for looking and your response!

-bochie

Bochie
Resolver I
Resolver I

@Eelman,

Finally found the issue, it was my schema all along! I wasn't supposed to set Requestor as string or array, it should have been object. Then the expanded fields would be properties of that object. 🤦🏽‍♂️ anyway, case closed.

"type": "object",
                "properties": {
                    "EMail": {
                    },
                    "Title": {
                    }
                }

@Bochie 
Ahh that makes sense, great work mate. This will be handy to know if I ever need to use it.

Don’t forget to mark your answer as the solution for future users who have a similar problem 🙂 

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

This training provides practical hands-on experience in creating Power Apps solutions in a full-day of instructor-led App creation workshop.

Microsoft Build 768x460.png

Microsoft Build is May 24-26. Have you registered yet?

Come together to explore latest innovations in code and application development—and gain insights from experts from around the world.

May UG Leader Call Carousel 768x460.png

What difference can a User Group make for you?

At the monthly call, connect with other leaders and find out how community makes your experience even better.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,358)