Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
alex5p
Helper IV
Helper IV

Returning a null/blank vlaue for a dropdown

I have a dropdown that is using this code 

Office365Users.SearchUser({searchTerm: TextInput2.Text})

and it is connected to a text input. I had to do it this way b/c we have over 100+ people so to allow all the employees to be found i had to turn it into a search. My issue here is sometimes people may not need to put an employee name down. For instance this dropdown i have is called Referred By so sometimes a person is not referred by anyone. So the field needs to be blank when it is sent to the sharepoint list. What is currently happening is if i dont search for a name the first item that is in the dropdown will pop up for the saved result in the sharepoint list. I saw people say add a blank space in your list but I am using AD so I can just add a blank account. Maybe there is a way to add additonal items to the dropdown without effecting AD?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
mdevaney
Super User
Super User

@alex5p 

Changing these values of the dropdown would allow you to start with a blank selection.  Does this work for you?

AllowEmptySelection:  true

Default: leave this field blank

---
Please click "Accept as Solution" if my response helped to solve your issue so that others may find it more quickly. If your thought the post was helpful please give it a "Thumbs Up."

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
mdevaney
Super User
Super User

@alex5p 

Changing these values of the dropdown would allow you to start with a blank selection.  Does this work for you?

AllowEmptySelection:  true

Default: leave this field blank

---
Please click "Accept as Solution" if my response helped to solve your issue so that others may find it more quickly. If your thought the post was helpful please give it a "Thumbs Up."

cwebb365
Super User
Super User

Also, you don't have to have a search input, you can just use the following to return all. Office365Users.SearchUser({searchTerm:"",top:500})

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

Carousel_PP_768x460_Wave2 (1).png

2022 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2022 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2022 through March 2023.

365 EduCon 768x460.png

Microsoft 365 EduCon

Join us for two optional days of workshops and a 3-day conference, you can choose from over 130 sessions in multiple tracks and 25 workshops.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (3,213)