cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Kudo Kingpin
Kudo Kingpin

Reusable componant bug

I'm having some real love-hate relationship stuff going on with reusable components.

On one hand, they seem like an amazingly powerful feature.

On the other, I have no ends of trouble when I try to use them in non-trivial usage (aka, multiple instance of the same component in the same screen, using them with variables as inputs, etc).

Latest bug (from an app I built for a demo): 

• Screen.OnVisible sets 3 variable (one for Red, Green and Blue)
  • A component as a ShapeColor input property defined as RGBA(varRed, varGreen, varBlue, 1)
  • When you create a new instance of the componant and set ShapeColor, it works fine
  • When you exit and re-enter the screen (aka, the variables values have change), the color is gone (even if the color registers fine in the formula bar)

msapp available if needed for debugging.

Don't worry so much for my app, I'm just trying to pass on the bug info because I really want this feature to work well (and soon if possible).

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @FredericForest ,

Do you mean that if your component works with variable, it works at the beginning, but if the variable changes, it will not work?

I've made a similar test and met the same problem.

I've reported this to our product team.

If there's any replay, I will leave message here.

Thanks for your feedback!

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Phoebe Liu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Hi @FredericForest @Merlijn @WesleyP4P ,

We've rolled out a fix to production for this issue earlier today. Please let us know if the issue is resolved for you as well.

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @FredericForest ,

Do you mean that if your component works with variable, it works at the beginning, but if the variable changes, it will not work?

I've made a similar test and met the same problem.

I've reported this to our product team.

If there's any replay, I will leave message here.

Thanks for your feedback!

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Phoebe Liu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Highlighted
Advocate I
Advocate I

I have the same problem, whenever working with a variable and a component the visibility does not update.

When I change the variable in the Visible tab, the visibility changes while true. When I update it again it simply does not work.

Highlighted

I got the same error on my apps in edit mode. 

variable bug.gif

Highlighted

@v-yutliu-msft  : great news. I think I speak for most saying we really want this feature to work will since, well debug, it's a real game changer !

Most of my issues invloved variables changing and not being read properly (or at all) by the component, especially if there were multiple instances of the same component on the page.

Hope this helps !

Highlighted

Hi @FredericForest @Merlijn @WesleyP4P ,

We've rolled out a fix to production for this issue earlier today. Please let us know if the issue is resolved for you as well.

Highlighted

It works for me! Thanks for the fast action!

Highlighted

Very please to report that this works well on my side too !

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

News & Announcements

Community Blog

Stay up tp date on the latest blogs and activities in the community News & Announcements.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Community Highlights

Community Highlights

Check out the Power Platform Community Highlights

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (12,067)