Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Advocate I
Advocate I

Revert to original SharePoint form - "Form settings" missing

Hi,

I have started customizing SharePoint list forms for new items and for editing with PowerApps. It is the functionality that works from the SharePoint list via "PowerApps: Customize forms with PowerApps".

In case something goes wrong I'd like to revert to the normal SharePoint form, but I cannot find this option.

I read that there should be an option "Form Settings"  in the general sections of "List settings", but I do not have this, even though my access to the list is "Full control".

Is there are different way to revert to the original forms?

Screen print of List SettingsScreen print of List Settings

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Super User
Super User

Re: Revert to original SharePoint form - "Form settings" missing

Hi,

That's very odd! It should be showing, especially if you were able to customize the form already.

Could you try using the following link format:

https://domain.sharepoint.com/sites/SiteName/_layouts/15/FormSettings.aspx?List={aaaaaaaa-aaaa-aaaa-aaaa-aaaaaaaaaaaa}

If you could get that List= value please from another link such Advanced settings:

image.png

If you could please try that and let me know if you are able to reach the edit link in that way?

Thanks,

ManCat

@iAm_ManCat

Please 'Mark as Solution' if someone's post answered your question and always 'Thumbs Up' the posts you like or that helped you!

Thanks!
You and everyone else in the community make it the awesome and welcoming place it is, keep your questions coming and make sure to 'like' anything that makes you 'Appy
Sancho Harker, MVP

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Super User
Super User

Hi,

That's very odd! It should be showing, especially if you were able to customize the form already.

Could you try using the following link format:

https://domain.sharepoint.com/sites/SiteName/_layouts/15/FormSettings.aspx?List={aaaaaaaa-aaaa-aaaa-aaaa-aaaaaaaaaaaa}

If you could get that List= value please from another link such Advanced settings:

image.png

If you could please try that and let me know if you are able to reach the edit link in that way?

Thanks,

ManCat

@iAm_ManCat

Please 'Mark as Solution' if someone's post answered your question and always 'Thumbs Up' the posts you like or that helped you!

Thanks!
You and everyone else in the community make it the awesome and welcoming place it is, keep your questions coming and make sure to 'like' anything that makes you 'Appy
Sancho Harker, MVP

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Advocate I
Advocate I

Hi @iAm_ManCat 

This worked! The below selections come up, and it is possible to switch between old form and customized form.

The link still is not showing in the List Settings, but this way I can access it. This is not something I would use very often, anyway, but it is an important safeguard in case I get stuck with the customized form.

Thanks a lot.

Picture1.png

Highlighted
Super User
Super User

You're welcome! Happy to help, and yes at least you can get to it now.. 😺

It's still very strange that it's not showing! 🙀

In your site settings > Site Actions Section > Manage Site Features, make sure you have the following features enabled:

SharePoint Server Enterprise Site features
SharePoint Server Publishing
SharePoint Server Standard Site features

That should allow you to have the Form Settings ^

Cheers,

ManCat

@iAm_ManCat

Thanks!
Sancho Harker, MVP

Helpful resources

Announcements
secondImage

Demo-Extravaganza 2020

Check out these cool Power Apps & vote on your favorite!

secondImage

Community Highlights

Check out whats happening in Power Apps

secondImage

Community User Group Member Badges

FIll out a quick form to claim your community user group member badge today!

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (8,531)