cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Reverting Form to Unpublished Version

Just started a new job; complete novice. My predecessor created a form for SharePoint that is editable in Power Apps. I changed a datatype for a co-worker and unintentionally created a cascade of issues in form-format. The "Published" form is still workable (though not ideal) but the "Saved (Unpublished) version is unusable. Is there a way to revert the unpublished version to a previous form? Or to the published version?

I found this https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/restore-an-app about app restoration, but the form is not listed as an app in our company environment.

Your help is much appreciated!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

Re: Reverting Form to Unpublished Version

Hi @cmercerKI ,

See below my friend:

List Form versions1.pngList Form versions2.png

I hope this resolved your issue if you see any challenge/need further help please let me know I am always happy to do it for my community.

Regards,
Krishna
If this post helps you give a 👍 and if it solved your issue consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more.

I hope this resolved your issue if you see any challenge/need further help please let me know I am always happy to do it for my community.

Proud to be a Super User!

Regards,
KrishnaV
If this post helps you give a 👍 and if it solved your issue consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members / new members of the community.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

Hi @cmercerKI ,

Yes, you can do it, Follow the below steps:

1. Open the form in PowerApps 
  2. Click on File, you will see See all Versions button
  3. Click on that to see all the previous versions and select whichever the version you move back to.

Regards,
Krishna
If this post helps you give a 👍 and if it solved your issue consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more.

Regards,
KrishnaV
If this post helps you give a 👍 and if it solved your issue consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members / new members of the community.
Highlighted

Hi @KrishnaV ,

Thanks for your response! Unfortunately I do not see the "See all Versions" button when I click on File. I am using Power Apps in my browser, which could be the issue, but we don't have Power Apps included in the company's 365 account. Is there a workaround in the browser-version that you know of? Attached is a glance at what I see after clicking File.

Much appreciated.

Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

Hi @cmercerKI ,

See below my friend:

List Form versions1.pngList Form versions2.png

Regards,
Krishna

Regards,
KrishnaV

View solution in original post

Highlighted

@KrishnaV 

Thank you so much! Do you know if all saves will appear as versions there? Because I am new to the job, I can't be sure that there is a version to fall back on. So appreciated 🙂

Super User III
Super User III

Hi @cmercerKI ,

Yes, each save will make a version.

Would you mind mark my reply as a solution (if that solved your issue), so that the new members will make use of it.

Regards,
Krishna

Regards,
KrishnaV

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Watch Now

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

See the latest Power Apps innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (7,042)